3. Goodbye

I focused my chakra, I needed to erase these memories, I planned to leave a note or something. I just couldn't find a solution where I wouldn't need to hurt her, I couldn't face seeing her that way.

I quickly hugged her, putting my palm to her forehead, and entering her psyche', whispering the words forgive me, I quickly moved to erase the events and replace them with something like a long talk about me wishing to leave and doing just that.

They would find the truth no matter how hard I try to hide it, so replacing her memories to hide the truth was my best option, that way he would find the answer and just stop looking, right?

I finished this process after a few moments... Sad really, how easy it is to re-write someone's memories and change their past.

I kept my grip on her, as she had fallen out of consciousness when I entered her psyche'. ''You couldn't face telling her you were leaving, could you?'' Deidara stated, still staring straight ahead, I stayed silent.

''I'm taking her home.'' he simply nodded, not giving me a straight answer. I sighed, lifting her over my shoulder, I used a teleport jutsu to arrive instantly in her room, I laid her gently onto her bed, ''Ino, is that you?'' I heard her mother call through the house.

''Yes miss Yamanaka, she was tired. I brought her home early, she's fast asleep already. I'll be going now.'' I called back from the door. ''Ah, alright Haruka, thank you for bringing her home safely, be safe!'' she called back, with a softer tone in her voice.

I grabbed my sketchbook from my bag, quickly writing an explanation for her to see when she wakes up. I'd already implanted the idea of me wishing to leave, alongside reasons within her memory, so it was just a small request:

'Ino,

We've been friends for a while, you already know most of this.

So I'll make this quick, I am leaving. I only have a few good memories of my time here and those are from when I was with you Naruto, Hinata or Kiba and Akamaru.

Please inform the Hokage of my new journey. I need to find myself. I'll return someday. Right now I need to travel, see the world around us, and try to find my purpose. If I am needed by our village I will return without a second thought. But for now, I must depart.

See you around.

Haruka.'

I ripped the page out and put it on the bedside table before leaving. ''You're ready to go then.'' I heard Deidara say, I turned to him, keeping my head low and nodded weakly. This village was like a home to me, I really have had enough of leaving my homes. Even if I have only done it once before this.

''Okay, get on.'' He softly stated, I jumped up, keeping my gaze cast down. Just as the owl began to move its wings, I heard someone yelling out to me, my eyes shot up to find that warm, familiar voice.

''Shit. Meet me at the lake just west of here before dawn. Got that.'' Deidara spoke quickly, I nodded, the bird rose up high and fast, out of sight in seconds.

''It is you! Haruka, where are you- who was-'' He tried to ask too many things at once again, I turned myself towards him, still looking to the ground, ''Naruto, I-I-'' before I could finish, he wrapped his arms around me tightly, embracing me into a warm hug. ''Shh, it's okay, why are you shaking Haruka, that is not like you at all.'' He softly whispered to me. I hadn't noticed that I was shaking, what was this?

''I, Naruto. I am leaving.'' I quickly blurted out, I felt him tense at this, ''W-what do you mean you're... You're leaving?!'' I heard the hurt undertone of his voice. He grabbed my shoulders, moving me away, one of his hands tilting my face up, looking for something, he obviously didn't find it though.

''Y-you can't! Why Haruka! Don't go, who were you with anyway....'' I could clearly see the pain on his face as he begged me to stay. It was evident in his voice.

I remained silent, turning away, unable to look at him right now, ''What about Ino, does she know. How do you think she will take this, she just lost Kurenai, now you?'' I could feel the pain in his voice.

I could feel my body shaking now, it was getting worse by the second, well I have never been in this situation before, my chest hurt badly. ''Naruto. I have hinted at it and I left her a note. I need to go."

"I will come back, I swear, I just want to see the world. That person I was with is from my homeland, he is going with me....'' it was more bent truth than a lie, but it still felt wrong.

I finally gathered the courage to look at my oldest friend, I wish I hadn't. He looked so... betrayed. It seemed like he was about to break into two, tears welling in his eyes, I wasn't sure what to do at this point. So I hugged him tightly, murmuring a thank you into his shoulder after a few minutes, I released him and pecked him on the cheek turned beginning to walk away not daring to say goodbye.

He suddenly grabbed my arm, stopping me. He spun me around his hot lips colliding with my own, it happened so quickly, I gasped from shock. He took that opportunity to slip his warm tongue into my mouth.

My eyes were wide with shock, to begin with, they slowly closed relishing the ecstasy of the moment. My hands instinctively wrapped around his neck, his left hand was resting on my waist, and his right snaked its way up my arm onto my face and rested itself there, his thumb caressing my cheek as he finally pulled back for breath. A smile gracing his face.

His eyes no longer containing the sadness, but the tears remained; threatening to fall. ''N-Naruto...'' I had no words to speak, he then suddenly sat down, obviously feeling the awkwardness too, I slowly sat down beside him, and he was just staring over the village in a content way.

''So, you're leaving...'' he mused quietly to himself, I remained silent and looked over the village that was no longer my home, sadness welling inside me. After a few moments I broke the peaceful but sorrowful silence, ''Naruto, can I ask you something?'' he turned to face me his expression calm and nodded. My face was still flushed.

''What... uh, why did, eh... why'd you just-'' I saw a playful grin emerge on his face, ''Why'd I kiss you? Why now? Why only when I discovered you were leaving?'' he cut in asking the questions I simply couldn't word.

I nodded showing he was right, and so he answered. ''Because so far, every time I managed to get the courage to... something or someone interrupted us. That didn't happen this time, did it? Plus, you're leaving, so... it was now or never.''

He trailed off returning his gaze to the village, ''As long as you come back, you can go. I won't stop you, just don't run off for good. If you were leaving us forever, we'd come to find you... I will tell Tsunade. She'll understand.'' He continued, his acceptance surprising me and making me smile.

''Thank you Naruto...'' I then noticed the first sun ray rising over the horizon, shit, I'm late! ''Naruto, I'm sorry, I have to go now.'' I jumped to my feet, running off. And before he could properly react I was gone. Goodbye, everyone.

I rushed to the lake west of the Hokage stone heads, as I arrived I was welcomed by an angry tone ''Where the fuck have you been, we need to get back. Oh before I forget. Here.'' he chucked a small shiny object over to me. A ring? What the hell is this for? ''Just put it on and let's go.''

It was a long and very silent flight back, I was processing my thoughts and wrapping my emotions back up since Ino and Naruto had destroyed the old wrappings in only a few hours