2. My First Disappearing Act

''Haruka! Where the hell did she run off to...'' I heard Deidara groan from the corridor, as he walked along looking for me. My ears perked up at the mention of my name, snapping me from my thoughts.

''I have to go now. See ya.... Baka'' I stated with a bright smile, wandering to the door. I paused by it, waiting for the footsteps to wander past. ''I'm not an idiot, quit it!'' he yelled in complaint making me smirk. I opened the door and slid out of the room, quickly moving in the direction Deidara had gone.

''Wait up!'' I yelled after him, still not sure where he had gone as I got to the cross in the corridor. I quickly scanned them, nothing? Again, what the hell!  "Ah, you're here are you?" I heard him suddenly whisper from behind me, his hot breath hitting against the skin on my neck.

I hastily moved away turning as I did so. ''So, where did you disappear off to?'' he asked me curiously, holding out a bag in his left hand. I stayed silent, looking blankly at the bag.

''It's your new cloak and your stuff. Oh and you will probably want this back as well won't you....'' he trailed off as I slowly took the bag from him.

He shrugged a strap off of his left shoulder, my eyes lit up as I saw the sheath of my beloved katana, falling from behind his back. I knew already that there was a bright smile on my face as he held it out to me. I snatched it instantly, before examining the new strap...

''Where is my o-'' 

''Your strap got ripped up... don't worry, Kakazu is going to fix it when he is done counting his money... again hn'' He cut in. He had a tired hint as he mentioned the money.

''Ah, I see... who Is Kakazu?'' I enquired rather cheerfully. Deidara looked up as if I should know him from something, ''He's Hidan's teammate, only because he kept killing the other ones when they annoyed him... Hidan's whole immortal thing works in his favour with that pairing... Even if they are polar opposites.''

I nodded, keeping in mind who he was for future reference. ''okay, now you will need to know where you sleep, no?''

Sure, but Ino needs to get home first... I can't afford her finding out who these people are... and she is bound to recognise at least three of them: Itachi, and the pair of bastards who killed her sensei... she needs to be taken home, now!

I thought, shaking my head violently side to side. Deidara's face filled with befuddlement until I explained: ''Ino needs to get back home now.'' I stated with an urgency to my tone.

''Uh, Why is it so important she goes back now?'' he queried. ''Easy, she knows these cloaks.'' I said grabbing mine from my bag and pulling I out slightly, ''as far as she cares, the people in these cloaks need to die; they murdered her sensei!'' I was raising my voice as I spoke.

My anger was starting to get to me, Ino had been so hopeless and afraid... and all I could do was let her cry, as she closed her deep wound, trying to heal the great tear of her heart... the same tear I had... but I had never truly healed, I was not so fortunate, no one was there for me... So I made sure she did not go through the same torture as I had, as I still do.

By the look of shock on his face, I could tell it couldn't have been him, which caused some comfort. If he kept the cloak off on the way, I could just make up something if she woke before we got there. I ran the idea past Deidara, he agreed un-phased.

''Well it ain't like we are on a mission, so the cloak would just draw unnecessary attention, especially in Konoha....'' I stuffed my new cloak into my bag quickly, causing my sketchbook to fall out.

Shit! I thought ''Oh, that reminds me, who takes a sketchbook to a party? Why did you have it with you earlier?'' Deidara asked. His words seemed genuine, just innocently curious... But I have fallen for false words before.