Chapter 2

"Todoroki-kun? What's the matter? You've been spacing off for a long time now."

Uraraka asked as she was curious and a little worried about her friend's well-being. Maybe he had some problems or not feeling well.

"Really? Are you okay, Todoroki-kun?"

Midoriya, sitting at the same table with them both also became worried.

Todoroki fixed his position a little.

"I'm fine... It's just that, i was thinking about a patient i met this morning."

Midoriya and Uraraka exchanged glances.

"Why, Todoroki-kun? Did something happened with the patient?"

"Not really."

Todoroki put his elbows on the table and brushed his temple.

"But she was quite weird."

His description about the girl got both his friends curious. They wanted to know about that person now.

"Why? What is she like?"

Uraraka was the first to ask.

"I don't know... I couldn't make up her attitude. She was so young, so pretty, and has a bright future in front of her, but then she was diagnosed with a brain tumour. If anyone else is in her place right now, they'd be crying, and questioning why this happened to them. But she did not. She was different. Instead of crying or begging me to save her, she smiled all the time. And instead of worrying about herself, she got worried about her work. How unusual is that?"

Midoriya tried to think for a while.

"Maybe..."

His sentence caught Todoroki's attention.

"Maybe she was trying to be positive?"

The doctor remained silent.

"I don't know. Maybe."

He said that, but somehow he was still bothered.

'She smiled all the time, but there was no emotion in her eyes. She sounded cheerful, but disappointed at the same time. Just what is she thinking?'

"Todoroki-kun?"

His thoughts were interrupted by a concerned-looking Midoriya. He definitely knew that Todoroki still couldn't get her off of his mind.

Therefore, he suggested something.

"If you're so curious about how she's feeling, why don't you ask her yourself? You might get to know something."

"That's right! Try to ask her, Todoroki-kun."

Uraraka added.

Todoroki thought for a while.

Asking her... didn't sound so bad.

Or so he thought.

************************************************

"Yaoyorozu, can you go and check on the patient in room 27? She's in a personal ward, level 4. She is supposed to have a checkup today, and i want you to accompany her."

The new doctor became a little confused.

"But isn't she supposed to go alone? The nurses will guide her from her room, right?"

"Yes, but i want you to go. I'm sure you're not that busy right now. Is there any problem with that?"

Todoroki's serious intonation made her a little scared. She had no choice but to obey her senior.