Part 3

You wake up to the sound of your metal door slamming open against the wall. You think about the miserable day ahead but you remember you get to spend it with Lana. The very thought makes your cheeks burn red. You jump out of bed and Lana does as well.
"Well good morning miss Lana", you say in a goofy, low tone. She gives you a warm smile.
"Since we're roommates, we are on the same schedule so just stick with me and you'll be fine"
"What ever you say, (y/n)"
"Alright well in the morning we start in the kitchen so let's go before they yell at us"
You grab Lana's hand tightly and start down the hall towards the bakery. You look back and she flashes you a toothy smile. You can't help but blush.you make your way to the kitchen and get started on making bread buns for lunch. For the first time ever in this miserable place, you felt happy you were having fun. Lana has flour on her nose. You tease her and she throws flour all over your dress
"Oh your going to pay for that one"
You run over to her sprinkle flour all over her hair. You both are a giggling mess until you hear the kitchen door creak open. You bolt back to your station and hear sister Mary Eunice creeping up behind you.
"Having fun I see", she smirks at the both of you.
"A bit too much fun"
"I'm sorry sister it won't happen again", you mumble.
"It better not or you'll be apologizing to Sister Jude."
She strutted out of the kitchen leaving you and Lana there alone. She looked at you, trying to control her laughter. You were doing the same. You walk over to her and brush the flour off her nose. Your face was only a few inches from her. You looked into each others eyes. You thought she might be gazing into your soul. Finding every piece of information she could about you. You wanted so badly to hold her and kiss her and never let go. But you didn't.
"Alright it's time to go to the day room", you say. You broke the gaze and grabbed her hand leading her into the dayroom to introduce her to your friends.