"My mom and dad are here. They want you to come downstairs so they can talk to us together," I explained, and she nodded.

I held her hand, and she gasped.

"I'm only doing this, so my parents don't suspect a thing," I said sharply.

"I know," She whispered, her small hand entwined with mine.

As we walked downstairs, I could see my mother beaming with joy. We sat on the couch opposite my parents and gave them our full attention.

"Good day, Mr. and Mrs. Vanderbilt," Aubrey greeted politely.

"Nonsense dear, you may call us Anne and Richard. There is no need for formalities," My mother smiled and my father agreed.

"Alright." 

"Goodness! What happened to your forehead and hand?" My mother exclaimed.

"It's nothing. I'm just clumsy that's all. I fell and bumped my head yesterday and this morning I accidentally burnt my hand while making lunch," Aubrey laughed it off.

I was the one that caused her to burn her hand. And here she was being modest. A pang of guilt ran through me.

"You should be more careful dear. And what happened to your wrist?" My father questioned and I stiffened.

"Well, I got burnt while using my flat iron rod. How silly of me," she chuckled.

"Haden you need to take care of your wife. Look at how many incidents she's already had. You should be cooking for her and treating her like a queen," my mother scolded me like I was a little kid.

"Oh where are my manners. Shall I get you both anything to drink?" Aubrey questioned.

My mom laughed at how frantic Aubrey was, "Its quite alright honey. We're good." 

"I have a surprise for the both of you," My mom said as she rummaged through her purse and revealed two tickets.

"You are both going to Tahiti for your honeymoon. I know you might have wanted to decide for yourselves but Haden use to go on and on about that place so I thought it would be a nice gift for you two," She exclaimed.

"What!?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Are you deaf? I said you are going to Tahiti for your honeymoon and I already booked a private hotel. It is absolutely wonderful," My mother rambled on.

"I have work mom. There's a lot of stuff I still have to do here," I reasoned and my mom rolled her eyes.

"I don't care. Your brother will run the company while you're away. But you are going to Tahiti to spend quality time with your wife. You deserve this Haden. You both do. I don't want it to seem like I'm forcing you, considering you're a grown man but sweetie you've been working hard so please just take a break," My mother said sternly.

I couldn't argue that so I just settled for it. Aubrey was smiling widely.

"I always wanted to go to Tahiti," She admitted dreamily and my mother smiled at her.

"You see Haden, your wife wants to go. This is perfect. You will have such a good time."

My parents spoke to us asking how we are adjusting to our marriage life. In about two hours they left but not before embarrassing me with childhood stories. Man, isn't that line universal.

"What the fuck? You could have said you didn't wanna go," I yelled at Aubrey.

"Haden I always wanted to go to Tahiti."

"I don't give a fuck about what you want," I shouted.

"Haden please calm-

"Shut up. Just shut the fuck up you whore," I yelled and she flinched. She wore a look of hurt on her face and tears pooled in her eyes threatening to fall at any second. But I didn't care about her feelings.