Chapter 10

Ellie's POV :

*Few hours ago*

The dark consumes but sleep still eludes, it appears it has divorced itself from me. I’m sleepless at a time, when rest is all I need to refuel me to make it through one more day without thee.

I tossed and turned but just couldn't find the right position. A lingering haze of sleep sat somewhere at the back of my mind but was too far away to reach, floating in the pool of my memories. Icy discomfort blossomed in my chest and made it difficult for me to breathe. Trying to make myself fall into slumber, I took as deep breaths as I could, but many just caught in my throat, like an icy wind had blown down there and managed to freeze the air solid. At that moment, I knew this was going to be a long night.

"Mom, Dad i miss you both." i said while staring up to the ceiling, blurry memories rushing through my mind.
It was difficult for me to remember the reason of their death after that accident occurred.

I quietly got up as i was unable to sleep and I began to approach the the main door. Trying not to make any sounds to wake up namjoon, i took slow steps and got on the backside of the house, to the garden.

The trees are laughing once more, dressed in their carnival clothes, the gold and scarlet of the autumn days. They play about the earthy hues of the branch and trunk, proud flags in any sky. As they do I take in the freshly calm air with that hint of an earthly aroma.

"it feels good." i whispered to myself while rubbing softly my arms with one hand.

I approached the biggest tree in the garden, a gentle smile graced on my lips.
The pleasant wind was like a music of old blurry memories to me. I touched the tree, tracing some unknown drawings that looked pretty.

"strange, I've never noticed this before."

It seems familiar. Why?

Though the path is dark, cast into shadow by the tall mossy pines on either side, the sun must be brilliant beyond it. Every tree glows brightly virescent just at the edges of the trunks, a biological halo of sorts that brings a soothing happiness I've been missing these past few days.
I took one hand and leant against the ancient oak, my fingertips gripping into the crevices that ran through the bark. My eyes came to rest on the pattern, chaotic like the cracks in parched summer earth.

While being deep in my thoughts i felt something under the shoes i was wearing.

Its seems like someone has buried something over here.

I decided to get up and curiosity filled inside me. Something just urged me to dig that up.
It was small so the hands were enough to take it out the thing which was down there.

Rich, smelly, wet, icky, brown, black, knee-high, sticky, manure-like, eww.

I scrunched my nose upwards as it was quiet a bit irritating to dig that up but i succeeded.

A picture?

The picture was turned back and looked quiet old. More like 2 or 3 years ago.
I digged a bit more and found something else.

A small...  Wooden Chest?

It was small, black and shiny, the kind that comes from an uptown jewellery store with one ring inside.

But the other isn't in it's place. Is it lost ?

I turned the photo on the front side and the scene was quite unbelievable, shocking really. My mind was sent reeling, unable to comprehend or process the images it was being sent by my eyes. I looked away, then looked back to see if it was still there. It was.