"Nice ta meet ya! I'm Nawuto!" She saluted the young Jonin goofily.

Minato smiled. 'She doesn't seem shy at all.'

"That's a super cool name." The blonde teen said. 'I swear I've heard it somewhere...'

"Thanks!"

"My name's Minato." He chuckled, mimicking her salute from earlier, though, his was less goofy and much more reserved. "Minato Namikaze."

"I pity you for havin' to teach this jerk for eight hours."

Minato startled out a laugh, watching Kakashi glare at the little blonde.

"Why are you insulting me?" The littlest Hatake demanded. "I haven't seen you since this morning, and that's the first thing you have to say regarding me?"

"Don't play innocent!" Naruto huffed, putting her hands on her hips. "You introduced me to a Jonin as shorty! You were totally bein' a jerk!"

"You are short." Kakashi huffed. "How can you be angry about the truth?"

"Using that logic, how can you be angry at me for pointing out that you're a jerk? 'Cause that's the truth."

"Ugh!" Kakashi scowled, crossing his arms in irritation. "You're impossible."

"Nope, just honest." The blonde said, blowing a raspberry behind her mask.

Minato snickered behind his hand.

"You two are adorable."

The blonde teen grinned when Kakashi denied that statement coldly, and Naruto flushed.

"Well, you two need to be getting home, right?" Minato asked, skillfully changing the subject before his student decided he favored bloodshed. The boy never took kindly to being referred to as any variation of 'cute'.

"I'll walk you." The blonde teen offered.

"Oh yeah... I gotta get home!" Naruto blurted. "I've got a ton of homework 'cause me and Obito put a pin in Akira-sensei's seat while Guy distracted him with apology squats for being four seconds late to class after lunchtime. Anko made it worse 'cause she wouldn't stop tellin' Sensei what a moron he was for falling for it."

"Obito and I genius." Kakashi sneered.

"I'm five." Naruto deadpanned.

"So am I." The Hatake countered.

"Well, some five year olds don't have time to shove sticks up their asses every morning to make sure they speak properly."

Minato trailed behind the two, eyes stinging as he tried to hold back his tears of laughter. He watched the two masked children bicker back and forth, obviously having forgotten that he was even there.

'Oh my god...' He thought. 'These two... they are just precious...'

"I do not shove a stick up my-"

"-yes you-"

"-no I-"

"-it's probably made of ice!"

"You are such an idiot!"

"And you've got a porcupine head!"

"Oh so original shorty."

"Do not roll your eyes at me. And I'm gettin' real tired of all the short jokes."

"You think I'm going to take orders from someone who cried because they were nervous on their first day of school?"

"That's it! Low blows get ya a one way ticket to pain town via Ultimate Jerkface Wedgie."

"What!?"