"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes! " he holds out his long arms towards me.

"Nico!" I screech and jump into his embrace.

He kissed the top of my head and squeezes me one more time before putting me down, probably cutting it short because of the stares we're getting. Me stupidly forgetting that the man in front of me is an internationally recognised Formula One driver and probably wants to keep a low profile.

I straighten out my skirt and look up at him sheepishly. "I'm sorry Nic. "

"It's alright, short shit. Just warn me next time you plan on tackling me in the middle of a grocery store. "

"I'm sorry! I'm just- It's just. It's so good to see you. It's been a long break without you and Jamie."

"Yeah, he told me you were feeling a bit in the dumps." I laugh at his error in speech

"Don't start Lex, your half British half South African accent is nothing in comparison."

"Oh, hush. Guys around here find it intriguing and sexy - mysterious even" I laugh and start to follow him through the aisles.

"Uh huh, How Ryan?"

"Oh, you know... same old shit." I roll my eyes and shift him to take some things off the shelf behind his back.

"As long as he's treating you right, you know I don't have a problem. When does Jamie get in?"

"Tomorrow night, we're going out for drinks you should join us. It'll be just like old times"

"Actually I told Cyril, I'd take Daniel out - show him the ropes.."

"Daniel's here already?"

"Yup - took the same jet this morning."

"Oh well bring him with, I'm going to meet him on Monday in any case maybe he'll feel more comfortable knowing two people the season starts."

"Sounds good, I'll send him a message later."

"Awesome, now I'm super excited. All my boys back together again." I smile and hug Nico goodbye. I make a mental note to text him the details of tomorrow night and decide to make it a dinner seeing as we have so many extra guests joining. My mood is instantly uplifted and finish up my shopping.

On the way home I think of when Jamie first introduced me to Nico. It was the end of the F1 Season and Nico was still at Force India. Ryan and Jamie had a boys night planned at the house and expected some friends over. I was trying to keep my distance as I was the only girl there and Jamie hated when I interrupted "bro time" whatever the hell that means *excessive eye roll*

Anyways, I remember my friends had ditched me and I was feeling horrible, but then I bumped into a tall blonde with a goofy smile who insisted I come downstairs and join the poker game. Jamie was a bit apprehensive at first, especially because Nico was a work friend and didn't want to make any bad impressions but it turned out to be the best night. We all ended up getting absolutely slaughtered, I made breakfast for the boys in the morning and we've been inseparable since then.

4 years later I've finished university and have a full-time position in the Marketing Department for Renault Sport F1 Team at the Whiteways Technical Centre in Enstone. Nico has since then left Force India and joined Renault - which I was over the moon about at first but, he started drifting and eventually moved to Monaco where the rest of the drivers in Formula 1 live. Ryan and I started dating and Jamie followed Nico to Monaco last year when he got promoted to the head office in France.

Sigh... How things have changed, but tomorrow and for the rest of the month I get to relive the good ol' days.

-