Crash and Burn

To say Erin and Jessie were in shock is an understatement. 

They were appalled by Roger's appearance. He was cover in soot, hair frazzled and dirty. His eyes were glassy and his movements were twitchy. Currently, They were watching him through the two-way glass window of the interrogation room. Roger was sitting in handcuffs that are drilled to the table, he had an I.V. injection in him to clear out any drugs in his system. 

Mike already collected two tubes of blood from him and from the look on his face he already knows what drug Roger had used. 

"I don't understand this," Jessie muttered, "Roger wouldn't even take a multivitamin, how is it possible he's on drugs?" 

Erin was silent for a moment contemplating how to answer him. She didn't get a chance too when Eddie came in looking messier than usual. Both Erin and Jessie had to take a step back on how much soot and burnt wood, the smell was nearly overwhelming.

"Jesus, how bad was it?" Erin asked, mentally she look for injuries on Eddie and thankfully found none. 

"Bad, but miraculously nobody was hurt." Eddie sighs as he leans on the wall. "Betty is gonna stay with me since she lived in the upper apartments"  He wipes the soot off his hands to his coat and wrinkles his nose. "Where you gonna stay? I know you lived above the club as well."

"Well... I would have said I was going to stay at Roger's but... I'm guessing that under investigation as well right? I might just go to a hotel for a while." Jessie sighs as he continues to look through the two-way window.

Eddie gives Erin a look that says 'You gonna take him home?'

Erin's looked with 'No, you jackass'

Eddie's face changes to 'Oh come on! the boy is hurting and he clearly wants you' 

Erin didn't get a chance to respond back because Gonzalez walks into the room. Jessie ignores him while Erin and Eddie stare at him. That's when Erin get an idea

"Gonzalez! perfect, since your here you can offer Jessie a safe house considering that he lost his home in the fire." Erin announced while gripping his shoulder hard to get her point across.

He gives a wince under her hand. "A-a safe house?"

Both Eddie and Jessie stare at each other and then at Erin "A safe house?" They both repeated. 

Erin's eyes glitter in amusement. "Why of crouse! Thanks to that shit show he caused today it's the least he can do right?" She gives him another squeeze. 

"Uh RIght! a safe house! of course, I'll get Maxwell to prepare the paperwork.. excuse me" Gonzalez left without saying another word but not after he rubbed at his shoulder. Eddie gave a chuckle at the act, Erin raised an eyebrow at him.

"Maybe we should get one for Betty too." 

"What? why?!" Eddie gave her a questionable glare. "She said she would be happy to stay with me"

"She clearly won't be happy to see the mess in your apartment."

Eddie paled at that and excused himself quickly out of the room. Jessie had his back towards her as he looked at Roger through the window. Erin didn't want to disturb him and she didn't want to leave him alone, she kept herself close to him and hoped that her presence was enough for him. 

It was 10 mins of silence before Jessie spoke. 

"You know, The first time I met Roger I didn't like him," Jessie said in a soft voice. "He was squirrely,  jumpy and an all-around idiot."