Chapter 1 ~ Nobody Home

This first chapter is about Hannah (the main character), Syd won't appear until the second chapter. However, you will need to know this background info in order to understand it when it's mentioned in the future. 💛

♦♣♥♠

I hesitantly walk up to my front door, hoping my family will welcome me with open arms, but I'm not sure that they will.
It's been about 8 months since they admitted me into an eating disorder clinic, and might I say, I did not enjoy it.
My anorexia hasn't gotten better, if anything, it's gotten worse.
I had to pretend that I was okay with eating, that I was okay knowing that I'm going to gain weight.
I just want to be thin like all the other girls my age.

Eventually, I knock on the front door, and my sister answers it.
She runs forward and hugs me, something I didn't think she'd do.
My sister, Vanessa, is twenty, two years older than me, and she's definitely the prettier sister.
She's a tad bit goth, as well, and she's usually very distant, which is why I was surprised she hugged me like she did.

"Mom! Dad! Hannah's back!"

My mom and dad looked very relieved more than anything, when they saw me.

"You look so much better" my mom says as she comes in for a hug.

My dad proceeds to do the same thing, and then we all go inside.

Firstly, I go upstairs to unpack all of my clothes, and refamilarize myself with my room.
Everything's the same; my Pink Floyd posters, my record collection, my-
My photos of Syd Barrett are gone.
That's...quite weird, to say the least.

I have always had the biggest crush on Syd Barrett, he was one of the original founders of Pink Floyd, although I love his solo work as well.
He's been my inspiration for years, it would have been wonderful to be able to meet him.
But, no one else in the house is a fan of Syd Barrett, which is why it's weird that the photos were gone.
I'll make sure to look for them eventually.
When I turn around, I see that Vanessa has been standing in the doorway.

"H-hey, you scared me"

"I did? I was just observing." she says with a tiny bit of a grin.
Her grin remains, even as she walks back to her bedroom.

Okay, it's official, she's acting especially strange. It's like she's doing it on purpose, though.
Wait a minute, now that I think about it, she's the only person who knew about the photos of Syd.
I walk over to her bedroom door, but then decide that I shouldn't accuse her of something she probably didn't even do.
She could probably care less about those photos.

♦♣♥♠

I stayed in my room for the rest of the night, expecting someone to call me downstairs for dinner, but no one ever did.
In fact, it almost seemed like no one was even home.
I quietly opened my bedroom door, not sure if anyone was asleep, and realized that the entire house was pitch black.

I proceeded to walk downstairs slowly and quietly, but I must've stepped wrong walking down, because I fell face first all the way down the rest of the stairs.
When I looked up, I saw me, a skinnier version of me, I looked like a skeleton, it was a petrifying sight, to say the least.
It, me, whatever it was, tried to grab me, but a man pulled me away, to where it couldn't reach me. I couldn't exactly see who the man was, but I remembered that black, crazy hair.