I hear footsteps descending the stairs and I turn around and watch Daniel walk down, cradling Roa in his arms. A heavenly smile paints my lips upon laying my eyes on my baby. I walk over, with the pink bear in my arms, and look at my beautiful angel.

"She's asleep." I softly say to myself as I admire her beautiful features.

Her eyes are closed but her long eyelashes are lush and those rosy, pouty lips and those chubby cheeks—ugh, she's so cute. She's peacefully sleeping in her father's arms with her head resting on his shoulder.

Daniel caresses her soft, brown hair. He's holding Roa so carefully, so delicately as if she's going to break in his strong arms. I smile and brush her hair away from her small, chubby face.

"I've bathed her and changed her clothes," Arabella looks at her granddaughter lovingly, "I mixed her medicine in her food, but she only had a few spoons. She was drifting off as I was feeding her, you should have seen her, she was the most adorable thing I've ever seen."

"Thank you." I thank her for babysitting my child tonight.

It's our second-year wedding anniversary. Daniel made plans for a romantic dinner and obviously, we couldn't take our sick child with us, so we asked his mother and she was beyond happy to take her for the night.

I avert my attention back to my baby, touching her small forehead. The heat that emits has my heart tightening and has me frowning.

"Her fever is still soaring." I mumble, worry washing over me.

My motherly instinct is making me go crazy. Daniel covers her up with her pink blanket and kisses her head gently. I grab her bag, making sure everything is in it.

"Make sure to give her water when she wakes up." Arabella instructs me as I step out the door behind Daniel as he takes Roa to the car.

"I will. Thank you." I smile and hug her.

She's really the best and most loving mother-in-law ever.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, sweetie."

Walking to Daniel who is busy placing Roa in her baby seat, I put her bag on the backseat. I watch as Daniel carefully lays her head against the seat, making sure her blanket is covering her tiny body. Climbing inside the passenger seat, I glance behind just to make sure she's still asleep.

"I really hope her fever cools down." I quietly mumble.

I bite my lip, my hand rubbing my stomach. Daniel cradles my face and kisses me, too softly and I'm melting.

"She'll be fine, baby. She's my little fighter."

I had Roa a year after getting married. I was scared and happy and excited. Daniel was over the moon with happiness. And when we found out it was a girl, Daniel went crazy with joy. We were both nervous about being parents but we took it step by step and learned about everything we needed—we're still learning.

My brother wanted to murder Daniel for getting me pregnant but my brother was so joyful that he cried—and I teased him. My girls were squealing with excitement and Aaliyah cried, she literally bawled like a baby. I love my best friend.

Kai and Matthew had a field day about my pregnancy announcement. Teasing me about hormones and Daniel about having to watch my vagina being ripped open.

Daniel being Daniel, threw them the bird and said that's not the only time she's being ripped open.

The father of my child, ladies, and gentleman.

Through my pregnancy months, Daniel was like a bossy mother hen. Always watching over me, asking me if I've eaten every two minutes, making sure I slept comfortably.