10: Returning in Appeasement

Comincia dall'inizio

Miss Jun had hated the fact that people did not know her as the Ning Family’s Tenth Noble Son’s fiancée, so much that she even went to the Ning Family’s residence in Beiliu Town to show off.

After the cheap trick of hanging herself in the inn, perhaps everyone in the small town knew who she was.

So, wasn’t it her intention that more people would know who she was? Why would she suggest to leave first?

Everyone’s gazes naturally fell onto Miss Jun.

Miss Jun’s downcast eyes were still, no emotion to be seen.

“Grandmother, thank you very much for coming here to get me.” She dropped into a respectful curtsy. "I have put Grandmother through a lot of trouble and a lot of shock."

Old Lady Fang’s hand trembled slightly. As she watched Miss Jun, she became increasingly more amazed. Within that amazement there was a hint of a complicated emotion.

Put through a lot of trouble and shock.

Old Lady Fang had never thought that she would hear this sentence, especially from her granddaughter who had never spared her more than a glance.

As this thought flashed through her mind, Old Lady Fang recovered from her shock, and some lingering suspicions reappeared in her mind.

What does this granddaughter want to do?

“Young lady is speaking jokes. It is us who have caused trouble for you and let you suffer humiliation,” she said in a cold voice. She looked at Miss Jun who did not say anything more. “Since you want to come to our Fang Family’s residence, let us go.”

After she finished talking, she turned to the maids and gave them a meaningful glance. The maidservants understood and stepped back.

Miss Jun did not say anything further and followed Old Lady Fang.

Miss Jun was leaving, so the little servant girl glared at the maidservants from the Fang Family to express her dislike and dissatisfaction, but did not say anything.

Old Lady Fang had brought two carriages with her. She got into one, and a maidservant beckoned Miss Jun to get into the other. Then the servants squeezed into Old Lady Fang’s carriage.

Miss Jun, of course, would not ride with such lowly existences like them in the same carriage.

The two carriages sped away under the gazes of the crowd. No one paid attention to the maidservant of the Fang Family standing amidst the crowd and listening to their chatter.

Even though the carriage was not travelling along the public road, they still drove very smoothly.

“What kind of carriage did they give us.” The little servant girl wore a face of disdain as she complained in the carriage. “Pulling people is different from pulling goods. It’s such a cold day, yet they didn’t give us a charcoal brazier? Do they want to deliberately freeze Miss Jun to death.”

Miss Jun looked at the carriage, and noted that the carriage was very well made. It just didn’t have any decorations and did not have any charcoal braziers installed either. There was only a thick cushion and some pillows.