15

Donghyuck dropped onto his bed and immediately slipped under the covers. He pulled the blanket over his nose and then thought back to what happened yesterday.

He wasn't really expecting Mark to do that. That meaning...the kiss. Donghyuck was surprised when Mark pushed him into the water, and then well, kissed him. It felt nice. Refreshing almost. It was Donghyuck's first kiss, so he didn't know if the strange feeling in his stomach came because of Mark, or because he had just never kissed anyone before.

Jaehyun entered the room and eyed Donghyuck as he made his way to his own bed.

"What's wrong with you?" Jaehyun asked, coming close to Donghyuck and patting his head. "You've been like this after the visit at the beach."

Donghyuck looked up at Jaehyun and bit his lip. He wanted to tell Jaehyun, but if he didn't know already, then that must mean Mark didn't tell anyone. Did he not tell anyone because he was too embarrassed? Well then maybe Donghyuck should also keep it a secret too, right?

"I feel sick" Donghyuck lied, covering his head with the blanket, so that Jaehyun couldn't check for his temperature. "I'll be fine by tomorrow."

Jaehyun shrugged and then changed his clothes. He was too tired to be giving him advice, so he messaged Jaemin and told him to come check on Donghyuck. Jaehyun then exited and room and closed the door softly, so that it wouldn't disturb Donghyuck.

Donghyuck crept out of his bed and then locked the door to his room. He then messaged the members to not disturb him, to which they all replied with an "okay". He then got back into bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Donghyuck bit onto his bottom lip and thought back to what had happened. To be very honest, Donghyuck didn't know what to do. He had run away from Mark and avoided him the entire day. He obviously felt guilt and regret for doing this, but it had already gone far and he couldn't just turn around and continue talking to Mark as if nothing had happened. Nearly an hour went past and Donghyuck was about to fall asleep.

But then there was a small noise heard from the door and then a loud scream followed it. Donghyuck quickly jumped out of the bed and opened the door, immediately pulling Jaemin's arm and bringing him into the room.

It took Jaemin a few seconds to get used to the lack of light and stabilise himself. He looked at Donghyuck and then sighed.

"Mark told me what happened" Donghyuck's heart began to beat quickly as he heard those words. He had wanted to tell Jaemin about what happened, but yet again hadn't, since he feared Mark didn't want anyone to know. But now Jaemin knew? So Mark was okay with the others knowing?

"I feel so embarrassed" Donghyuck confessed, dropping onto his bed and covering his face with his hands. Jaemin walked over to him and then pushed him slightly. He then climbed into the bed with him and pulled the blanket over the two.

"Why do you feel embarrassed?" Jaemin asked, turning his body around to face Donghyuck. "You told us that you think you might have something going on with Mark."

"I said I think!" Donghyuck put his hands up and the back onto his face to hide his blush. "But I don't know if these feelings are real, you know?"

Jaemin shook his head to say no and then grabbed Donghyucks hands, tearing them away from his face.

"I don't know." He said with a straight face. "You need to explain it to me. Listen, Mark hyung is out there worrying about you not liking him back, so we need to sort this out. Now."

Donghyuck looked at Jaemin and then finally turned his body around to face him as well. Their knees collided, but they both ignored it.

"I..." Donghyuck closed his eyes and remembered how Mark kissed him. He liked the feeling of Mark's soft lips on his. The sweet watermelon that he could taste, and the butterflies that flew around in his stomach when they kissed. "I liked the kiss"

"Then why did you run away?" Jaemin questioned, bringing his face closer to Donghyuck's.

"I'm not sure" Donghyuck admitted. He wasn't quite sure why he ran away. In that moment he just felt really embarrassed, since he liked the kiss and he thought he wasn't supposed to. He didn't know if he liked Mark or not.

"Alright" Jaemin whispered, seeing as to how Donghyuck's face had saddened. "But just tell me this."

Donghyuck opened his eyes and stared at Jaemin, who stared back. They remained in silence before Jaemin spoke up again.

"Do you like Mark?"

Donghyuck had asked himself the same question millions of times. He never really got down to the answer. Truth be told, he went through a similar thing a few years ago, but there was no kiss or confession involved. Donghyuck had just met Jaemin and the two were becoming close very quickly. They were practically inseparable.

But then Donghyuck started to realise that he was attracted towards Jaemin. That's when he began to first of all, question his sexuality, and got an answer for that, and second of all, question his feelings for Jaemin. After all the questioning himself, he came to realise that he only thought of Jaemin as a best friend, nothing else.

Now he was in the same kind of situation, except Mark had kissed him and confessed to him. Donghyuck didn't know if he was going to end up thinking of Mark as a best friend again, instead of as a romantic interest.

"Nana"

"Yes?"

"I think I like Mark as a best friend"

-
If Mark existed—wait he does but if he was my best friend and confessed to me, I would say yes without thinking twice about anything.