Chapter 9: Ella Manoban

Brylisa Manoban's POV

Lisa woke up and checked the time. It's 8:00 am in the morning. He has two hours to get ready to pick up Jennie in the hospital.

Thank God, it's Saturday today.

Why do I feel like I need to take of her/

Hayyyy.

These are the question that bugs me over the night. I have this feeling I've known Jennie for a long time. She's awakening something inside of me but I ignored it.

"Daddddddyyyyyyyy!" A small voice of girl coming outside his bedroom, running and jump on him.

"Baby! Good morning!" I said, hugging and tickling her.

"Hahaha. Da. Hahaha. Daddy. Stop!" The little girl said. I stopped.

"Daddy, let's go to Liliput Kids Cafeeeeee. It's saturdaaay and you promise me." The little girl pout. I scratch my head remembering our conversation last time.

"Daddy, look I got stars." She said

"Wow. Can I see it?" I said smiling.

"Here, daddy." She gave me her paper and her hand as well.

"That's my baby. Now, what my baby wants?"I asked her. She put her hands on her chin, thinking like an adult.

"Hmmm. Let's go to the liliput kids Café." She said.

"Where is that?" I asked.

"It's around Cheongnam, daddy. Pretty, pleeaseeeee." She pout with her pleading eyes. I couldn't resist her.

"Okay. Okay. We'll go there on Saturday. Alright?" I scoot her over and carry her. She showed her pinky finger to my face and I just shook my head and she gave me a death glare. Where did she got that? Haha I protest and seal it as a promise then gave her gummy smile.

"Baby, I know daddy promised but you see one of dad's friends is in the hospital and daddy needs to take care of her." I tried to explain it to her and she looks at me.

"but daddy you promised me." She said, on the verge of crying.

"I know. I know. Okay, here. You will go with me in the hospital and see if she's okay then maybe we can go after. Is that okay?" I told her while she's sitting in my lap. She nods.

Ella Manoban. My daughter, she's turning five years old on Sept. 18, well that's what I know. A year after I graduated, someone left her in our front door. I hired a private investigator and check her birth certificate but no to avail. I decided to have a DNA and the result was she's my daughter. I don't remember being in a relationship and had any one night stand but the thing is every year on her birthday, someone always sends her a birthday gift. No address or who to where it came from. There's a always a note though.

Baby, I hope one day I'll have the courage I need to introduce my face to you and your dad. I'm sorry if I have to give up to you. I love you so much, always remember that.

-Mommy

Everytime, I had to make excuses about Ella's mother. I don't know what to feel but annoyed and angered are the first one in the list. How can she throw a baby girl and left it in front of the door. What if someone else took her without me knowing about it? She's selfish! Whatever her reason was, does she thinks that I'm ready to have a child!? Damn.