The Sammel Offensive

Anna covered both of her ears with her cold and shaky hands, the princess steadied herself on that powerful brown horse as best as she could and tried very hard not to cry, scared to her bones now that the very ground was shaking as the Arendellan artillery opened fire against the vast advancing forces of the Southern Isles.

The heavy guns at the top of the Sammel Line's collection of hills were not as devastating as Tannya's defenses, but the sheer number of shells fired caused a deafening and thunderous hell that could be heard many miles away...

"Please, let the shelling stop them" Anna whispered, her hands unable to protect her ears from the awful growls of the Arendellan artillery- "Please..."

Alistair, Matthew and many other commanders and Cavalry leaders escorted Anna, and also Kristoff and Alice were right there beside her. All of them were already mounting on their horses with the sabers in their hands, just awaiting for orders at each side of the Princess.

A huge gun blast after another would shoot shell after shell, a true storm of death unleashed to defend Arendelle-

Thousands of courageous Arendellan soldiers awaited deep in their trenches the order to charge, the Cavalry divisions were ready in front of the Line and meanwhile the forces of King Hans continued to advance...

"They shall take the first hit any moment!" Alistair screamed to Anna above the almost deafening shellfire, observing the enemy troops by means of a telescope- "Gather your courage, your Highness!"

Anna could see in the distance the hundreds of Cavalry riders that commanded seventeen thousand soldiers through the now snowy grounds of the valley, they truly were a formidable force and all of a sudden the first Arendellan shells reached the ground:

The first explosion blew apart three riders together with their horses, the second shell impacted against a frozen lake causing a storm of ice and snow, the cavalry took another blow and after that seven more shells hit the troops killing dozens of men...

"All Forward!" cried out the leader of them all, an impressive man of murderous green eyes pointing his saber at the Arendellan lines- "For the Southern Isles!"

The wild and courageous riders and also the Infantry behind them began to disperse as they heard the shells coming, trying to avoid the direct hits and also taking cover behind boulders to escape from lethal shrapnel as they advanced-

Anna finally realized that her artillery would not stop seventeen thousand men, they were simply too many and they would soon reach the Northern edge of the valley despite taking heavy casualties...

It was the moment of truth, everything was ready to defend the Sammel Line and Anna, gathering courage out of nowhere, hoped that she was ready to command her forces to the most dangerous battle that Arendelle had ever seen.

"Father" Anna whispered, looking up at the sky- "Give me the strength..."

The powerful artillery finally stopped firing after the enemy armies crossed their range of attack, the wild cries and chants of battle reached the Arendellan trenches and Anna knew that this was the moment at last:

Anna of Arendelle made her horse advance a few yards, and then she turned around to face the seventeen hundred riders that she would command to battle...

"They shall not pass!" Anna cried out, drawing out her elegant longsword with great pride- "For Arendelle!"

Anna faced the valley once again, she pointed the sword forward and after that the princess rode towards death with a high cry of battle, her green cloak rippling in the snowy wind as all of the Arendellan Cavalry charged after her.

The loud ringing bells were the signal for the Infantry to attack, they all grabbed their bayonets and muskets and immediately the Arendellan soldiers began to emerge from their trenches to charge into the valley like an incredible swarm...

Well over twenty thousand men were ready to give everything in the great battle for Arendelle, inspired by their unbelievable leader and encouraged by the freezing wind and all of that unnatural snow falling from the sky.

They thought of their families back home, they knew that they were fighting to defend everything they loved...

Anna looked like a dream and a legend riding at the head of them all, and there, seconds before the armies would face each other in battle, she began to recall all of the brightest and happiest moments of her life:

All of those days playing with Elsa in the snow, all those wonderful birthdays, her mother reading fairytales for her as she fell asleep every night, the camping travels with her sister, all those Winter nights admiring the Northern Lights and her father teaching her how to ride a horse for the first time...

Then Kristoff and Elsa appeared in her mind, and Anna had no way to know that at those very moments Elsa, crying in solitude and silence, remained at her frozen balcony holding her portrait and thinking intensely of her.

Arendelle's cavalry opened fire with their muskets, Anna crossed enemy lines slashing the throat of a Southerner Captain and then the armies clashed at last...