cool for the summer

Start from the beginning

"Ohh that'll be fun," Jake says. He goes back to his phone and I hear the water shut off. Sam was done showering. I venture upstairs and walk into my room.

Sam was already laying in my bed, covers pulled up to his chin. I strip to my boxers and climb into bed next to him. He latches onto me quickly, throwing a leg over my body. For the last two months, Sam has been sleeping in my room with me. No one knows, yet. I kiss his lips gently, knowing he was tired. But he licks my bottom lip and I allow his tongue to enter my mouth.

A low rumble escapes my mouth as he sucks on my neck. I know there will be love-bites there in the morning but it feels so good so I didn't stop him. Once satisfied with my neck, his kisses my lips again. I run my fingers through his damp blonde hair and press our foreheads together.

"Baby, I'm tired," I whisper. He hums into my neck and it makes me shiver. He kisses me slowly and then opens his eyes to look at me.

"Goodnight my love," he says. I fall asleep to the feeling of him tracing circles onto my chest.

——

I had unfortunately left the blinds open last night and light poured into my room. Sam was snoring softly beside me, curled into a ball.  I kiss the back of his neck lightly to wake him up. He stretches and lets out a sigh before turning to look at me. His eyes widen and a smirk forms on his face.

"Oops," he giggles. A finger emerges from under the covers and he touches my neck and up my jawline. I thought back to last night when he was sucking at my neck. They must be noticeable.

We roll out of bed an hour later. I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth. When glancing at myself in the mirror, I saw the damage Sam had done to my neck. Reddish purplish bruises had formed on the right side of my neck and jawline. I touch them and smile to myself. I go back into my room once I'm done to see Sam already in his swim trunks.

"How am I gonna hide these?" I ask, pointing to my neck. He walks up to me and kisses my lips then ducks his head down to once again suck on my neck.

"Babe stop, you're making more," I whine. I push him away gently and he pouts. I kiss his cheek before finding my bathing suit trunks.

After eating cereal for breakfast and getting our camera and tripod set up we get ready to start the video. I was wearing a T-shirt to hide some of my love-bites. Though it was almost noon, none of the roommates were awake yet.

"What's up guys it's Sam and Colby," I start off with my signature saying. We're standing outside with the pool in the background, our rhino and flamingo floating behind us. The sun was shining brightly and it's already steaming hot.

Sam explains our video and then we hit the pause button on the camera to change angles. We position it under the small awning by the window, pointing it towards the pool. I hit record again.

"3...2...1," We shout at the same time. Then we both run and jump into the pool.

We splash around for a bit, jumping in more and using our water guns. I have never laughed so much in my life. I'm sitting on the steps in the shallow end, checking my phone when I feel Sams hand snake around my waist. My eyes dart to the camera that's still recording. He tugs on my shirt that's clinging to my body.

"Take this off baby," he whispers. He's close enough to my ear that I can feel his breath. I bite my lower lip and hope the camera won't pick up my bruises. I struggle to take the shirt off and Sam ends up having to help me. We're both laughing as my arms are stuck above my head. I finally get it off and sling it over to the patio area. I dive in the pool from the steps and swim over to the deep end. Sam follows me and then waves his hands at the camera.