up all night

The roommates decided to play spin the bottle. I don't know who originally voiced the idea but somehow it was brought up and Corey announced that that was what we were going to do. It was later in the evening and surprisingly everyone was home.

We had been drinking but I only had one cup full, so I wasn't as intoxicated as some of the other roommates. We moved into the living room and Corey situated us into a circle.

"But Corey, I don't wanna sit on the floor," Jake whined. I think he was the most drunk at the moment, stumbling over his own feet. Constant giggles escaping his lips.

"Too bad Webber," Corey snapped back at him. Once Corey had his mind set on something there was no going back and arguing wasn't an option.

I sat down next with Jake to my right, then it Corey, Sam was across from me and then Aaron was on my left.

Aaron and Sam had been quiet all night except for the occasional asking for another round of drinks. But for some reason, I could tell they weren't as drunk as they looked. Corey puts down a plastic cup because he was too lazy to walk the few feet to the kitchen and grab a bottle.

"Ok so wait," Sam raises his hand. Corey glares at him but lets him continue talking, "So we have to kiss whoever it lands on?" Sam slurs his words ever so slightly and that's how I know he's a little drunk.

"No Sam, well yes but no. We're playing a different version of spin the bottle," Corey sighs. Then he explains that the person the bottle lands on has to do a dare that the person spun thinks of.

Sam nods his head in understanding but I know he doesn't get it. He volunteers to spin first. He misses the bottle at first and I think it was because his eyes weren't cooperating in his drunken state. He finally spins it and it lands on Aaron.

"Hmm Aaron... I dare you to let everyone slap you in the face." Sam grins.

Aaron groans but allows us all to slap him in the face. I didn't slap him as hard as the others did, hoping that would give me some brownie points if the bottle landed on me. Then it was his turn to spin, the bottle landing on Jake. We went back and forth, spinning the bottle until Corey jumps up.

"We need music, be right back," he runs into the other room to set up the speakers.

So far the bottle has only landed on me once and Corey dared me to chug a beer, which I did. Jake has had to take off his pants, so he's sitting next to me in his boxers. Aaron has gotten slapped and Sam dared him to put ice in his pants, so it looks like he peed himself. And Sam has only had to text his ex- girlfriend.

Corey runs back in after the music starts playing. I don't recognize the song but the beat speaks to my heart. By now, no one has gotten up to refill their cups, so we're all pretty sober now. We're too enthralled in this game to get up.

It was my turn to spin the bottle and it lands on Aaron. He looks at me and his face begs me not to tell him to do anything stupid.

"Jump in the pool fully clothed," I say smirking. His eyes widen.

"What? It's gotta be freezing and it's like 2am," Aaron starts to complain. I look out the window at the pool. It was calm.

"That's why I said you get to keep your clothes on," I say smirking again.

"But wouldn't that make him colder once he gets out?" Jake questions. He was probably right but I didn't say anything. I glance at Sam who is trying not to laugh.

"I'll grab a towel," Corey shouts and runs into the bathroom. While he gets a towel the music suddenly shuts off but no one says anything. We didn't want to get another noise complaint so it was probably a good idea that whoever turned it off. He emerges with a towel as we all get up to watch Aaron jump in the pool. I pull my phone out and press record once he's standing on the edge.