5

Clementine slams her apartment door shut, looking through the peep hole to see if there was someone following her. She lets out a breath of air and backs away from the door. Just after Clementine could let her guard down a loud knock causes Clementine to jump up, "Clem, could you let me in?" Violet's muffled voice calls out. A feeling of relief washes over the brunette, she really needed to get spare keys for Violet. The blonde steps inside after having the door opened for her, "Are you okay? You look a bit...startled," she asks.

"It's that group of demons, the ones you were with on the night you saved me," Clementine harshly rubs her temples.

"You mean Marlon's group?"

"Who?"

"Green eyes, blonde, bad haircut."

"Yeah...he threatened me during my shift at the diner."

"Fuck," Violet felt her stomach drop, she knew their would be consequences yet she still felt overwhelming fear for Clementine's safety. The brunette watches as Violet tenses up and how her face displays concern.
"Violet?" She frowns.

"Clem..I...shit," she faces away from the other girl.

"It's going to be okay, I'll just need to be...extra careful," Clementine tries to reassure Violet, stepping closer to her. She didn't understand why she chose to comfort her blonde friend despite the fact she was in doubt also.

"No it's not, and you know it," Violet was coming off quite aggressively now so Clementine could only remain silent.
"I..."  Clementine could tell Violet has instantly regretted going off at her by the way her face dropped, "I'm going to go to sleep, I need to rest this off."

"I'll get you a pillow," It puzzled Clementine, the way Violet reacted she seemed so fearful. She had never seen that side of the pale blonde.

-

Clementine found herself staring at her phone during her shift once again, no matter how many times Luke had told her not to. Although she wasn't messaging Gabe this time, she was staring blankly at a message she had sent Violet earlier. The message read "Hey Vi, what happened last night? Are you okay? Please respond."
"Jesus Clem what did I tell you?" Luke sighs, Clementine jumps a little at the sound of his voice.
"Sorry, I'm just waiting for a text," she responds.
"I'm sure they'll get back to you, but for now can you get to work?" Luke says.
Clementine sighs "yeah, you're right."
Her shift slowly passes by, the brunette still feeling anxious about Marlon and his group walking back into the diner. Luckily he didn't. After she puts on her jacket and grabs her bag she checks her phone one last time. Still nothing. She says goodbye to Javi and Luke before walking out the door out into the dark night. As she walks down the cracked path she looks up to see an ominous figure standing in the distance. Clementine tries to get a better look at the figure from where she stood but she could only make out that it was a man smoking a cigarette. This unnerved her but she decided to ignore it. As she got closer to him she couldn't help but look up once more, he stared down at her the street light illuminating his features. He looked rather old, his dark brown hair was balding revealing most of his forehead. He has side burns and a small beard growing around his face. Suddenly he lets a buff of smoke escape his lips causing him to break out into a coughing fit.
"Something wrong, girly?" He asks her, his voice sounding as if his lungs had gone dry. He offers her an uncomfortable smile, revealing that he had a few missing teeth.
"No," Clementine responds blandly, unsure what to say.
"Move along then."
Clementine quickly moves past him, she didn't wanna stay any longer. As she got further away she turns her head to see if the man was still staring, he was. Another more womanly figure appears from the ally way he stood by. She quickly notices Clementine also and begins to speak with the man. She didn't wanna see how this went down so she rushes to her apartment.

Clementine finally makes it home, once inside she allows herself to let her guard down for now. Violet still wasn't home, Clementine found it rather odd because she would usually be home by now. What could she be doing? Clementine tries to brush it off and gets ready for bed. After putting on more appropriate sleep wear she falls onto her soft bed. A few minutes pass before she finally dozes off.
She awakens to the sound of her bedroom door being kicked open. Before she had time to react she felt a tight grip holding her arms and pulling her off the bed.
"Quickly we don't have time for this," a voice commands.
Clementine barely had the energy to struggle too much, she tried her best to wriggle out of the tight grasp but she was failing.
"What about the other one?" Another voice asks.
"Don't bother with him, he's useless to us," the voice from before responds.
Clementine gets dragged into the living room where she notices James all bruised with a blood nose laying lifelessly against the wall. "James!" She cries out, causing her to struggle even more.
"Shut your mouth," a familiar voice growls. A white cloth is placed over her mouth, Clementine begins to feel weak and light headed. She lets herself fall into the kidnapper's arms as she had no energy to do anything else in protest.
"That's right, go to sleep."