1

The diner had quieted down tonight, the customers left slowly one by one throughout the day. Clementine enjoyed the quiet, she didn't quite enjoy the daily rush as much, but it paid her bills. Her boss, Mr Garcia, or Javi as he preferred to be called, was practicing baseball with an invisible bat. Clementine liked Javi, he was always friendly to her. The man had chocolate brown hair, and a slightly outgrown stubble. His nose and cheeks had few freckles on them. One thing that stood out to Clementine was how his dark brown eyes always had bags under them, as he was overworked. He used to be a baseball player, that's when she first met him. Soon he retired and spent most of his earnings on owning the diner. Clementine continues to watch as the older man swings his arms around, his hands clutched as if he were holding a baseball bat.
"Garcia for the win!" Javi booms, his voice imitating an announcer's.
Clementine couldn't help but laugh.
"Hey man, you wanna help out with the cleaning instead?" Luke, her co-worker, interrupts.
"Aw, c'mon. No ones here anyways" Javi groans, as he leans against the counter. Despite the fact that Javi owned the place, Luke was always the most responsible one. He had messy brown hair and chestnut brown eyes.
"My shift is over, I better head home." Clem informs the two of them before she grabbed her bag.
"You stay safe kid, this is the demon hour. They'll all be out tonight" Luke warns.
"God, the cops are useless nowadays," Javi adds.
"I'll be fine, I'll see you all tomorrow," Clementine smiles before walking out the door.
~
Clementine sighs heavily "Almost home," she breathes. She pulls tightly on the sides of her leather jacket, bringing a small amount of warmth to her body.
Before long the brunette finds herself blocked off by a small group of people, about four of them stand in front of the girl.
"Look what we have here. A midnight snack?" The man with a blond mullet smirks, slowly approaching the shorter girl. The boy keeps his hands in his blue bomber jacket. Clementine froze up knowing exactly who blocked her path home, demons, blood thirsty demons.
"Cut it out, Marlon," a girl growls from the back of the group.
"Aw c'mon, Vi? You know it's not good to starve yourself." The blond responds.
This is her chance, her chance to escape. Just as Clem makes an attempt to shuffle past them a strong grip pulls her back and throws her to the ground.
"Marlon! I told you leave her alone" The girl becomes more aggressive. She stands up revealing her features to Clementine. The girl had her blonde hair cut into a bob cut with a side fringe, slightly hiding her apple green eyes.
"Shit." Clementine curses under her breath.
"What's up with you?" Another demon interjects.
"We can't just feed on random people in the streets," She says in a hushed tone.
"Violet, you gotta understand that we're starving," Marlon urges, "and your moral compass isn't going to keep me away from a good meal," he shoves the teen away, before trudging over to Clementine who remains on the pavement. The two other teens apart from "Vi" soon join him, their eyes soon turning almost completely black apart from their white pupils.
Violet doesn't give up easily and stands in front of Clementine, her back facing the brunette.
"Back off," she hisses. Clementine fumbles as she stands up from the ground.
Marlon laughs "Classic Violet, always being difficult."
"Back away Marlon, I don't want to hurt you," Violet threatens staying in position.
"C'mon-" One demon attempts to take a step forward. "I said leave her alone!" Violet growls, revealing her sharp teeth and blackened eyes.
Marlon looks at the group of demons and back at Violet and Clementine.
"Fine, let's go." Marlon sighs and gestures for the teens to follow him.
Violet briefly looks at the other girl without saying a word she follows Marlon into the darkness. Clementine takes a moment to gather her thoughts and then quickly hurries home.

The next morning Clementine wakes up to the sound of her alarm clock ringing. She slams the 'off' button and groans loudly, before sitting up and stretching her upper body. The tan skinned, brunette lived in a small apartment, it wasn't in best condition but there wasn't anything better she could afford. Clementine eventually gets out of bed and begins to freshen up in her bathroom. As she approaches her wardrobe she quickly decides on an outfit, not that anyone would notice what she wore at work anyways. Clementine takes a white shirt, her jacket red bomber jacket she wears almost every day and black jeans. After combing her hair and putting it in a side bun she looks at her hat. It's her favourite baseball cap, but customers found it humorous so she didn't wear it a lot. The cap is worn out, the blue and white colours have faded as well as the 'D' on the front. Clementine brushes herself off and begins walking to the diner.

The bell rings as the brunette enters the building. Clementine quickly clocks in and rushes behind the counter and grabs her filthy apron. As she begins to wrap the once white apron around her body, she notices a familiar girl walk through the doors of the diner. The blonde's emerald green eyes lock onto Clementine's. It soon struck Clementine, she knows who this is, it was the demon from last night. Clementine didn't know if she was scared or pleased that she saw the girl again. The blonde walks up to the counter, hands in her pockets as if she didn't want to be noticed. She wore a thin hoodie with a denim jacket over it, the sleeves of the jacket had been ripped off. Her almost twig like legs had skinny jeans covering them accompanied by beat up old converse sneakers. What caught Clementine's eye was the rainbow pin on her jacket, she thought it looked kinda cute. 
She reaches the counter and speaks to Clementine in a low voice "Medium black coffee."
Clem scribbles down the order "Would you like sugar with that?"
The girl shakes her head.
"Alright, that'll be 3.80," The brunette raises her head back up to the other girl.
She places the proper amount on the counter-top before walking to an empty booth.
Clementine raises a brow as she watches the slouched girl walk over to the table. "Did she not recognise me? Or is she purposely ignoring me," Clementine wonders as she gives the order to Luke. She greets a few more consumers and takes their orders before returning to the mysterious girl.
"Here's your coffee," Clementine places a warm ceramic mug in front of the other girl. She waves her off before taking a sip of her drink.
Clementine was slightly bothered by the girl's dismissal but soon brushed it off.
The day went by as it would usually would, she didn't get anymore surprise demon visitors at work.

Clementine climbs up the stairs to her cramped apartment. She has her earplugs in listening to a few of her favourite songs, it usually got her through the day. As she reaches her door she accidentally bumps into her neighbour, James. He was a sweet guy, he has overgrown thin brown hair, his fringe almost covering his dark brown eyes. Clementine steps back, taking her ear plugs out "Oh- Sorry James, I didn't see you there," she apologises almost instantly.
"I-it's okay...how was your day?" He responds, flashing a little smile. James would always speak in a hushed voice, it's not that it wasn't nice, it was like he was trying to tell a secret every time he talked.
"The usual, and you?" Clementine responds, searching her pockets for her keys. She couldn't give James her full attention at the moment since she needed to finish somethings at home.
"It was better than most," James looks to his side smiling briefly as if he just reminded himself of a nice memory "I have to go, goodbye Clementine."
Clementine glances back at the taller man "I'll see you around, James."
She eventually finds her keys hidden within some old receipts and lose coins. Clementine drags herself into her messy apartment. The brunette checks the time on her phone, "already 7 o clock?" She mutters to herself placing her phone on the coffee table. She had to make a quick meal, it's not like she had a choice to eat something more high quality though. She mostly lived off packaged instant foods, and takeaway.

After finishing dinner Clementine changes into an oversized shirt and then lays down in her bed. She sets her alarm clock and soon drifts asleep. A loud crashing noise followed by some distant cussing awakens Clementine.
"Is someone outside the apartment building?" She asks herself as she rubs her eyes. Clementine gets out of bed and puts on a pair of pants, her jacket and her shoes. She walks outside the front of the building, she doesn't see anything though. Clementine doesn't give up that easily, so she walks around the side of the building and to her surprise she spots someone laying on top of the garbage bin, and it doesn't look as if they were there by choice. Clementine slowly makes her way closer to the stranger, her eyes widen as she recognises the girl.