Chapter 12: Self-Learning

Start from the beginning

Crusty little boy.

Near the edge of the forest I get a weird sensation over me? Oh my gosh, I have to go potty don't I? No this is different. This is scary. Horrifying. Any moment now, I'll be snatched up by Slenderman. I don't like it.

Finally, I get into the wooded demon-lurking area and look around for the yellow backpack. If I don't find him soon, I would have just wasted ten minutes of my life and caused a blister on my foot for no reason. 

A snapping of a stick sounds to my left and I look over to see Jack about fifteen feet away from me walking deep into the woods. 

You freakin' freak of freaks! Since when was it cool to say, 'Hey, I'm going to walk into the woods so I can possibly get mauled by rabid geese.'? Never. It was never cool. It's called a stupid idea made by a stupid person who likes to do stupid things for stupid companies that touch roadkill.

I wait a few seconds so I won't seem too obvious and start to weave my way through the trees. He's so uncaring about the whole situation of him walking in the woods that it's creepy. He's walking around as if it's the mall!

His pace starts to slow down immensely and I notice that he has the look where he's going to turn around. Oh, no! I'm detected! 

Ninja Mission Stalker: Epic Failure.

I run around and hide behind the nearest thick tree just as Jack starts to whip around to see what's behind him. Hearing him start to continue walking I figure it's okay to step out. I have to be more careful and stop fantasizing about Narwhals sometimes.

Now every thirty seconds I hide behind a tree just in case he gets suspicious and has that awkward feeling of some monster following you. Because there is.

While I'm hiding behind my fifth tree I hear a bag drop to the floor. Is he trying to camp out here? You don't just drop your backpack to the dirty floor for decoration. But this is Jack and there's no telling what he decorates with. Maybe he likes to examine ant droppings or something; if they even have any.

This weirdo stalker peeping from behind the tree pose I have isn't comfortable. When there's a good enough view that isn't so obvious, I see his bumblebee-colored backpack laying in the silky, brown soil.

The problem?

That's all I see. 

This is wacky! How is he here one second, and gone the next? It's not possible! Unless you're some squirrel who climbs trees in nanoseconds. Considering he is a squirrel, I look up and around at the trees. If he climbed one, it's not so obvious because for some reason these trees are freakishly tall. 

And leaf-y. . .quiet. . . creepy. . . and--yeah I'm scaring myself again. 

Those trees seem like they're. . . what's the phrase? Oh, yes.Telling me to run for my freakin' life!

Behind me, there's a giant rock that's strong enough to crack a skull. I only know this because I just ran into it when I tried to run away. Migrane approaching.

"Ugh! Crap! Move you stupid plant-loving monster!" My nose is being cupped by one hand while my other swipes the boulder away across the open area. That thing deserved it. I hope some vicious animal comes to make fun of you for being an Igneous rock.

Rustling of leaves comes from where I was once facing and I freeze. The tree the rock hit was pretty big and hopefully the leaves are just an after effect of it because if they aren't, expect me to pass out right here, right now.

With caution, I turn, ever so slowly to take a look. I do and I don't want to see what's there at the same time. Me and my mood swings have to stop because that crazy house down the street? They're about to have a new patient.