Megan nodded, she believed it. Normani was one for the dramatics but she never minded, she thought it was cute. But then again it was Normani, anything she did was cute. "And what you mean before you lose my attention?"

"You in love with Normani. Bestie my ass."

Megan shook her head and laughed as she dribbled the ball in place. "That's not true and even if I was, nothing could ever happen."

"Of course not, you have a girlfriend and I forbid y'all to ever date."

"Forbid? You are not our father."

"But I'm her big cousin."

"You ain't nothing but a year older."

Cordell sucked his teeth and waved his hand. "Man shut up, wanna finish playing or what?"

She shrugged and held the ball against her chest, she tossed it to him to check the ball and he tossed it back. She began to dribble and the game started.

After a few minutes into it, they were interrupted by Cordell's back door sliding open. They both turned to look and saw Normani step out.

"Hey beautiful." Megan gawked, her eyes on her bestfriend who looked at them with a small smile. Sporting a crop top which showed off her belly piercing along with some tight ripped jeans and Nike slides. Not to mention, her toes were painted white and you could see the anklet she wore. Megan always told her how she found that so attractive for some reason.

"See what I mean." Cordell mumbled once he noticed Megan's staring, he for sure didn't want her looking at his little cousin that way. Sucking his teeth as he walked over to her. "Wassup Mani? You had a safe flight?"

She nodded and went into his open arms, hugging him back as she smiled. They hadn't seen each other in a year but it felt like forever so it was a given that they'd miss one another.

"Yeah but it was pretty boring."

Cordell laughed before Megan came over to them, ball still in her hand as she subconsciously licked her lips.

"Surprise huh?" She laughed, looking over Normani who gave her a giddy smile. "I miss your bigheaded self, c'mere."

Cordell gave Megan a look, she was talking to Mani like she was one of her girls she toyed with.

"I missed you too." Normani sighed, wrapping her arms around Megan's back whilst Megan's arms wrapped around her waist.

"Hands too low, Meg." Cordell warned, he already knew how Megan was and he also knew she was feeling Mani. But he wasn't about to let his cousin fall victim to her games. Wasn't gonna happen. "You cool though, Mani? Need me to help you to carry your bags to your room or anything?"

She shook her head with a laugh. "Uncle snoop already did, he told me y'all were out here so I figured I'd come out and see what was up."

"Want something to drink? A snack?"

"A drink would be nice."

Cordell nodded. "Okay but that's enough hugging." He muttered as he pulled the two apart, Meg shook her head and laughed but pulled back nonetheless.

He eyed them before he went inside the house. Leaving the two girls outside, Megan eyed Normani who let out a giggle in return.

"So you decided to surprise me?"

"It worked, didn't it?"

"Yeah.. so we gotta talk about some things, my baby."

"Cordell told you huh?"

She watched Megan nod.

"Well, he probably didn't tell you everything and I bet he-"

Megan put her hands out, a signal to stop her whilst she shook her head.

"He told me everything, as dramatic as his bean head ass is, I believe it but I wanna hear it from you since you've failed to tell me."

"Oh trust me, you've got some explaining to do too."

"Cordell gotta stop running his mouth."

Normani let out a small chuckle, with a nod of her head, she hummed in agreement. Cordell definitely talked entirely too much.

The back door opened and out stepped Cordell who eyed them suspiciously before he handed his cousin the water.

"Thank you."

"You wanna watch us play or do something else?"

Normani shook her head before sending him a small smile. "No, that's okay. I should go to my room and unpack." She looked to Megan. "We'll talk later?"

"For sure."

Normani smiled widely and playfully blew Megan a kiss before she disappeared into the home. Cordell was now looking at Megan, her eyes remained where Normani was as if she was still there. Her bottom lip rested between her teeth and Cordell rolled his eyes. He already knew what was on Megan's mind.

"I can't believe I gotta keep you in check until she graduates college." Cordell sighed out, doing it for a summer was a bit much but he managed. But, this wasn't for the summer anymore.

Megan was broken out of her trance, head snapped to where Cordell stood as her her face scrunched up in confusion. "What you mean?"

"She's staying here for good or at least until she finishes college so she says."

Megan's eyes widened a little bit, Normani wasn't just here for the summer and that changed everything. She was good at maintaining herself those two months out of the year but this was more than that. Four years to be exact.

How could she possibly control herself?

/ / /

y'all feeling this? 👀 be honest & let me know.