Like We Used To

Izumi and Katsuki walked alone in awkward and tense silence. Mitsuki wanted to keep Inko back a while so they could talk some so and forced Katsuki to walk Izumi home.

Izumi walked with her head down and trailed behind him by five feet, she hadn't noticed him getting considerably angry until she ran into his back. He whipped around and growled.

"WILL YA NOT TRAIL BEHIND ME LIKE THAT YOU'RE MAKIN ME NERVOUS MOVE FORWARD" he roared roughly shoving her in front of hill although hesitant she began walking it was only for a few seconds before she shook her head and turned around.

"NOW WHAT!?!" He shouted angrily, she flinched and rubbed her elbow nervously; her body was visibly shaking as she struggled to speak her words. She looked away from him but the glare from his red eyes still made her shake.

"Well, what about you Kacchan? What if someone comes up and attacks you from behind or something?" Her voice was trembling, and she looked like she was about to cry. His glare softened a bit before he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Unlike you, I'm not fragile and weak. If someone even thinks about attacking me I'm beating their ass till next week, Ya got that?" He growled stalking towards her stopping a few feet away from her, and glared down at her as he punched his fist into his hand waiting for her response.

Even though Izumi was still in awe she managed to nod her head quickly. He smirked in wicked confidence before it fell and he moved past her "Good. Don't forget it" he said.

'Should I?' Izumi bit her lip before she turned around quickly. "Kacchan wait!"

Katsuki turned around and glared at her in annoyance causing her to let out a sharp yelp.

"What is it now?" he snapped out. Izumi flinched again and looked down nervously 'What if he won't want to? It's childish, and he probably won't remember'

"It's childish..." She whispered but she knew he heard her his hearing was just that good. "You probably don't even remember...but...Can we walk home like we used to?... When we were little"

She looked up at him with watery green eyes. It was dark but since he was standing under a street light she could have sworn she had seen a faint shade of pink tint his cheeks and he looked shocked at her question.

He remained silent for a while before he turned his back to her. Izumi put her head down in defeat 'Stupid! Stupid!' Izumi was about to take back her words and tell him to forget it but his words stopped her.

"Come on then"

Izumi looked at him and saw his head was turned to the side and he had his arm held out; with his pointer finger out he looked back at her with a slightly embarrassed glare.

"Before I change my mind"

Still taken aback she wasted no time basically jumped toward him, she wrapped her hand around his pointer finger and blushed at the warmth; she buried her face in her sleeve to hide her red cheeks and looked down off to the side as they walked.

Izumi P.O.V

Kacchan and I have been friends since we were born. Our moms grew up together as when they were just little girls and their friendship hasn't let up since.

He used to be the sweetest and kindest little boy I knew but gradually almost in the blink of an eye...he changed. The kids at school and in the neighborhood began to tease and pick on him for being my friend and got into his head pretty soon he turned on me and became my most aggressive tormentor.

He's beaten me up a few times but when we were younger but stopped because he 'got bored' as he put it but the bullying still came full force like a freight train.

Even though he's mean to me I like to think he's still the same Kacchan I grew up with. I can still remember the games we used to play as kids and how we used to walk home like this all the time; his hands are still bigger than mine they always have been, and they're still as warm as I remember them to be it makes me feel like we're kids again but I know that we aren't.

We come to a stop and I suddenly let go of his finger. Without a word, I slowly walk up the stairs that lead to my apartment level and he watches me as I walk when we were kids he always made sure I got in the house before he left though he's not as enthusiastic anymore from when he was a kid.

I look back at him and he's still there. He probably won't care or think much of it but I smiled a little and waved him goodbye as expected he glared and turned his back and begs his own walk home. I sighed and walked into my home.

End.

Izumi walked into her room and grabbed one of her acoustic guitars and walked over to her desk. She got in a comfortable position and opened up her notebook to a clean page she looked up at her ceiling and plucked at the strings until she heard a sound that she liked.

Quickly she pulled out a recorder and hit record and began playing the melody pretty soon she began mumbling words she hit pause on the recorded and began writing in her notebook.

'memories fade no matter how much it hurts.'