7. The Odd Magical Behavior.

Începe de la început

"I'm fine, Nadine" came Harry voice.

"What do we do now?" asked Ron.

"You wait here. Both of you. Wait with Lockhart. If I don't come back in an hour........"

There was a very pregnant pause.

"We'll try and shift some of this rocks Harry" said Nadine.

"So you can come back - so you can get back through." Ron completed

"And Harry be carful." Said Nadine.

"See you in a bit." Said Harry voice shaking.

Nadine and Ron tried to shift some of the rocks but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. Within minutes they were panting and gasping for breath. Lockhart came to his senses after some time and started blabbering and fell asleep on the floor.

"What do you think is happening inside? Do you think he found Ginny?" Nadine asked.

"And what about the Basilisk? Do you think Ginny is alive?" Ron asked looking close to tears. Now Nadine felt guilty. She didn't wanted Ron to cry. He was like a brother to her and she understood where he was coming from. Nadine rested her head on Ron's shoulder and just sat there waiting for Harry.

"Maybe we should try again" said Ron clearly trying to avoid the painful thoughts. Both of them got to their feet and tried shifting the rocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile inside the chambers, Tom Riddle had picked up Harry's wand with sinister intentions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron and Nadine were coated in sweat from pushing the rocks. The rocks were as big as boulders. Nadine's mind was suddenly filling up with horrible 'what-ifs'. The stress was building inside her. She was thinking about all the worst possible things that could go wrong. Her panick had skyrocketed now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Basilisk had finally came out of the statue.

"Kill him" hissed Tom Riddle in Parseltounge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something erupted inside Nadine. Something was happening inside her
She could feel it. Nadine felt a sudden urge to do magic. It felt as if every fibre in her being was begging her do magic. She tried to ignore the feeling, resist the urge and tried to distract herself by pushing the rocks. Nadine couldn't bare it anymore. Even her Elemental Magic had never behaved this way. She pulled her wand out of her robes but didn't know what to do. Suddenly she was whipping her wand in the air and sparks were coming out of it of every color. Red, Orange, Blue, Purple. Nadine was confused herself. She wasn't saying any spells. The look on Ron's face was a mixture of shock and amusement.

One sparks of light connected with a rock and it started melting as if it was nothing. An idea popped up in Nadine's mind. She pointed her wand towards the wall made of rocks and they were melting as soon as the sparks touched the rocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry felt a searing pain just above his elbow. One long, poisonous fang was sinking deeper and deeper into his arm and it splintered as the basilisk keeled over sideways and fell, twitching, to the floor.

Harry slid down the wall. He gripped the fang that was spreading poison through his body and wrenched it out of his arm. But he knew it was too late. White-hot pain was spreading slowly and steadily from the wound. Even as he dropped the fang and watched his own blood soaking his robes, his vision went foggy. The Chamber was dissolving in a whirl of dull color.