Are you that somebody.

I sat at the dinner table looking over this menu that I barely understood

I sat at the dinner table looking over this menu that I barely understood. I honestly wasn't one bit reading what was on it. My mind was on seeing the infamous Korey. That was the first time I've seen him in person since he got locked up five years ago right after our graduation. Actually I did go to a few of his visits but soon after we lost contact. I heard he had been doing his thing with MMG. He always told me he would make it one day.
I've known Korey since I was about nine years old. When we were in Middle school, he would always tell me that I would be his girl one day. I always thought he was ugly and dirty. I laughed to myself just thinking about how he would always slap my butt and run. I would always cuss him out and tell him he would never in his life hit this. That was before it all started though.
"So what are you getting babe? I think I'm going to try the Veal", Isaias said bringing me out of my thoughts. That's when reality hit me and I realized where I was again. At this boogey ass restaurant, with my boogey ass boyfriend. I looked at him and shook my head no. I don't do Veal, I don't do none of this shit. I don't know why we just couldn't go to Red Lobsters or a restaurant that I actually liked. The waitress came over and I ordered some type of salad. Isaias ordered his meal and a bottle of wine for us. I didn't want wine, I wanted a freaking soda but saying something would just cause a debate and I didn't feel like dealing with that right now.
See I met Isaias at a convention in college. A couple of my classmates knew him and we hung out a few times. Long story short we got together. Can't forget that he is fine. The finest piece of dark chocolate that I've ever seen. After what happened between Korey and I, I had decided never to date a nigga like him again. Isaias was the total opposite of Korey. Isaias didn't curse, he barely even messed his words up. He only wore dress shirts and dress pants, I rarely seen him in jeans. He didn't wear Timberlands or fitted hats. He never sold a drug, shit he never worked for anything. His parents were rich and they gave him whatever he wanted. Most of my friends and family like him, but think he's trying to change me. I must admit sometimes I feel like he's trying to change me too. But the thing is, Isaias and his parents have done a lot to help me get where I am today.

"Tryna teach him something bout life and how we started Lower class poverty, homies from jail calling me, playing the number everyday but never hit the lottery" I freestyled into the microphone with hunger in my voice

"Tryna teach him something bout life and how we started Lower class poverty, homies from jail calling me, playing the number everyday but never hit the lottery" I freestyled into the microphone with hunger in my voice. I've been grinding every since I can remember trying to make it and now my time was finally here.
I finished my verses and walked out of the booth. I grew up raised by a single mother. My pops was killed when I was seven years old. I looked up to my dad, it killed me when he was killed. One thing I always said if I get a chance I'm killing whoever offed my father and I mean that shit. Growing up wasn't always easy on moms. It's not easy for a woman to raise a boy into a man. I got tired of seeing her struggle and work so hard so I started selling drugs when I was only 13.
Every since my Pops got killed, I turned into a nigga that didn't give a fuck about nothing or nobody. I would say anything and not care if it hurt you or not. See I figured since nobody but my moms gave a fuck about me, then I wouldn't give a fuck about nobody either. Well that was until I met Azahra. Speaking of her, I couldn't get her of my mind. Azahra and moms were the reasons I grinded so hard to get here. I would do anything to put smiles on their faces. I stepped in the hallway out of the loud room while Ross laid down his chorus and adlibs.