Inkspect: Rules

1. No Bullying, rudeness, or hateful speech.

2. We review books from all genres, Poetry included. We even review graphics books.

3. We won't accept books that have less than 5 chapters unless they're marked as completed or the book is a short story, a collection of works (poetry or graphics).

4. Requesting reviews will be through Google forms, any other form will be disregarded. Once you request a review from us, a comment is required on our "Inkspect: Form" chapter to let us know that you submitted a form.

5. All our current reviewers have past experiences in reviewing, their pieces of advice will be based on research and their in-depth knowledge in writing and graphics. They're here to help and not sugarcoat things. It is true, "honesty" is their best weapon but they're not dream-crashers. They will try to give their best advice for you to improve (whether it was in writing or in graphics). We're here to motivate you and not hold you back. 

6. Our reviews will be based on a set of criteria. The criteria are as follows: 

- Characterization (Characterization refers to how the author makes a fictional character seem like a real, living, breathing person

- Characterization (Characterization refers to how the author makes a fictional character seem like a real, living, breathing person.)

- Plot (Plot refers to the sequence of events inside a story where each event affects the next through the principle of cause-and-effect.) 

- Dialogue (Dialogue must be consistent with the characters' personalities, should feel real and authentic.)

- Scenes (How the scenes are built, the actions, the stakes, the emotions, etc.)

- Setting & Atmosphere (Atmosphere is a type of feeling that readers get from a narrative and setting is where the story set.)

- Theme & Message (A story's message, or theme, is what the author wants to teach through his or her writing. Some stories have a specific kind of message called a moral, or a life lesson.)

- Mechanics (Language, vocabulary and grammar use) 

- Writing Style (Writing style refers to the author's usage of the language in a skillful manner to express the character, theme and setting. Attention to detail, precise word choices, the rhythm of the prose, use of the active voice, and original metaphors, similes and symbols all highlight the quality of writing.)

- Point of view (Point of view refers to the narrator's position in relation to a story being told.)

- Passion and Emotions (Passion and emotions refer to the reader's emotional engagement with the story)

- Genre (Genre refers to a particular style, form, or content of a book)

- Language (Has the writer used rich, vivid and evocative language? Are nouns and verbs used distinctively to create a poetic effect?)

- Style (Does the writer have a distinctive voice, a consistent tone, and tangible confidence in the way his or her material is delivered?)

- Poetic techniques (Has the writer used poetic techniques to effectively reinforce the theme?)

- Content Realized (the poem had a purpose when it started out — did the poem realize its intentions? Does it lead naturally to its conclusion?)

- Originality (Is the poem interesting? Has the poet taken mundane items and created something new from them? Does the poem have a distinct narrative, descriptive or thematic thrust?)

- Technical accuracy (Has the writer shown that she / he has paid attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar? Does the writer respect the language conventions and provide punctuation to aid the reader in understanding of the poem? Do spelling errors interrupt the flow of the poem? Are there distortions of word order that seem artificial and obscure meaning?)

- Universality (is the subject matter of the poem meaningful only to the poet, or does it apply to the human condition? If it were translated into another language — German, French, Spanish, Italian, Afrikaans, etc. — would it still be meaningful to a reader in that language?)

-Growth (Has the designer shown progress in design? Do the latest designs reflect the designer's improvement?)

-Quality (Do the designs have good picture quality? Do the designs seem almost professional?)

-Composition (Do the designs have a good amount of content in them? Do the designs feel slightly empty or over-decorated?)

-Font (Does the font selection suit the design? Is the font readable? Is it too small or too big? Does the designer use a variety of different fonts?)

-Customization (How unique are the client designs? Do the designs seem like something only the client would have? Is it a design you've never seen before?)

-Skill (Does the designer have a good grasp of the basics as well as advanced design techniques like layer usage or filter tools? Do they attempt a variety of graphic maneuvers or manips?)

-Color (Is the color palette consistent and focused or is it too busy that it seems all over the place?)

-Genre (Do the designs reflect the genre they've been designed for? If you looked at the cover alone, would you be able to tell what genre it represents?)