Chapter Six: The Spy

By the time Dustin had finished explaining that Dart ended up being a baby Demogorgon, it was nightfall and the three were almost to Dustin's house

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asked.

"First he was like that," Dustin held up two fingers. "Now he's like this," he held up both hands about shoulder width apart.

"I swear the god, man. It's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve pointed out.

"It's not a lizard!" Dustin argued.

"How do you know?"

"How do I know?"

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?"

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat!"

Steve just nodded a little.

"Dammit, Dustin! I can't believe you kept him and hid him from us!" Chris started yelling.

"It's not my fault! He wanted to come home! You guys were gonna take him to Hopper and have him killed!"

"Well, yeah! He should have been killed while we still had the chance!"

"How can you say that?"

"How can you not?"

"Steve, come on. Help me out!" Dustin begged.

"Sorry, kid. But I'm taking Christina's side on this one. I mean, you kept a baby Demogorgon as a pet."

"Ha! Thanks, Steve. But never call me Christina again."

Steve pulled up to Dustin's house and they all filed out.

Steve went to his trunk and grabbed out his bat from last year before following Dustin and Chris to the storm cellar out back.

Steve stood over the door, pointing a flashlight at it.

"I don't hear shit."

"He's in there..." Dustin assured.

Steve gently hit the door with his bat, and when he still heard nothing, he hit it with more force.

"All right, listen, kids. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead," he said pointing the flashlight in the two kids' faces.

"It's not a prank," Dustin whined.

"Yeah, I can vouch for him. This whole Dart thing is real," Chris stepped in.

"Get it out of my face," Dustin complained and Steve lowered the flashlight.

"You got a key for this thing?"

Dustin dug into his pocket and pulled out a small silver key, hanging it to Steve who then unlocked the storm cellar and opened it.