Did he just called me beautiful? Instead of feeling offended, Ruby felt all weird and warm and happy, like butterflies were fluttering in her stomach.

Ruby laughed. He's cute when he blushes. Wait what? Ruby, you can't think like that about him! But a little voice in her mind whispered You're the queen! You can think whatever you want.

"S-so, what about the city?", she changed the subject.

"Oh. Well, here's the plan", he unrolled the scroll on the stone table. "You see, here there would be..."

--- Time skip cuz I'm lazy

It had been almost two hours now, and both where exhausted. Staring at a scroll for so long gets mind-numbing.

"Let's take a break, okay? I have snacks", Ruby said.

"Snacks? I'm in", Riptide head snapped up, and the queen laughed. She walked up to a wooden shelf and grabbed two apples, throwing one at Riptide. He was looking outside, distracted by an eagle flying right in front of the window. The apple hit him in the head.

"Ouch! Ruby that hurts!"

"Oops, sorry", she smiled, not aorry at all.

She sat down next to him and they ate in silence. After a few minutes, Riptide finished his apple and spoke.

"Queen Ruby? May I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure, go on."

"Who's Cliff's father?"

Ruby cursed in her head. Eagle droppings and Buzzard screech! (Thorn taught her that one) He had to ask that? Out of all the questions he could've asked?

"Y-you don't have to tell m-me if you don't want to", he said. "I shoudn't have asked."

"No, it's not your fault", Ruby comforted him. She took a deep breath. "I'll tell you", Riptide eyes widened.

"Once upon a time was a red dragoness who loved flying. Every day, she escaped the palace she lived in and skipped battle practice with her battalion to fly. On day, she was trying to swoop down as fast as possible, eyes closed to protect them from the strong wind up there when she ran into someone. It was a dark-red SkyWing with stunning amber eyes. He broke her fall and smiled at her. It was love at first sight. Unfortunatly, he was too poor to live in the palace, so they met on the outskirts of the Sky Kingdom every week. One day, he told her his biggest secret. He was an animus. He kept using his powers for little things, and the dragoness told him to stop, because it would destroy his soul. Their meeting were more and more distant. But one day- one day he went too far. She flew away and never saw him again. His name was Crow."

"Oh, Ruby, I'm so sorry!", Riptide exclaimed, squeezing her talon in his. During her story, he'd moved closer without her noticing.

"It's okay. It's behind me now", she sighed.

"You're incredibly strong, you know. I love it", he said softly, their faces now inches apart.

"Can I, hum, close the gap?", Ruby nodded, unable to talk.

He bent down and kissed her. She melted in the embrace and kissed him back.

Suddenly, a loud squeal echoed in the room. A tiny dark-red head appeared from under a blanket on a couch in the corner of the room. The two lovers pulled away, blushing.

"Cliff! What are you doing here?!"

"Well, you see, I was practicing flying with Chukar when I flew in front of the window and saw you two talking, so I decided I would sneak in because I was curious and so I hid under the blankets of the couch."

"How much did you hear?", Ruby asked, concerned.

"Nothing. Those camel fur blankets are so thick I couldn't hear anything. You know, I knowed-"

"I knew", Ruby corrected.

"I knew it right from the start, because you two lovebirds are sooooooo obvious! So, because this was extremly boring, I wrote a song. Ladies and Gentlemen, gather around to hear Prince Cliff, the best singer ever", he cleared his throat.

"I know he loves you
I see it in his eyes
You found someone to rely on
Now lean on him and follow the tide

But if he betray you
He'll get my claws on his snout
Bam bam no more SeaWing
So dear Riptide, watch out"