Chapter 1: The Beginning

(Fukushima, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan)

RING, RING!

The ringing of the school bell filled the entirety of the building as students made their way towards the cafeteria or courtyard. Many immediately made their way out of class and towards the crowded school hallways, but a group of three remained inside one of the classrooms, deep in the middle of a debate.

"I'm telling you, 460 horsepower is no joke! The 2020 Ford Mustang would definitely beat the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS!"

"Yeah, I agree that 460 horsepower are no joke, but you're forgetting that the SS is only 5 horsepower behind with a powerful 455 horsepower!"

"Hey, you guys shouldn't leave Japan out of this! If you think 460 horsepower are no joke, then you should take a look at the 500 horsepower 2019 Honda Acura NSX!"

The three friends continued their debate until their teacher finally decided to stop hiding behind his desk and step into the conversation.

"Hey, you three... I'm really happy that kids your age are talking of something that isn't videogame related and all... but shouldn't you be heading to lunch?"

The three friends stopped their debate and looked at the teacher in complete shock before speaking in perfect unison. "Class already ended!?"

...

The three friends sat on one of the few free tables after successfully getting their lunch at the cafeteria. The boy that sat to the left was Kaito Yamamoto, the Japanese 18-year old that had been debating in the NSX's favor and had been living in Fukushima the entirety of his life. He had hair the color of charcoal and had eyes of a dark tone of brown.

Meanwhile, the girl that sat to the right was Beth Farley, a British 18-year old that had moved to Fukushima at a young age alongside her parents, and was the one who had debated in the Mustang's favor. She had long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes and was also slightly smaller than the other two boys.

Finally, an American boy sat in between the two. The boy's name was Joseph Aleister and was the one who had been debating in the Camaro SS' favor. He had brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was the tallest out of the three, being around a centimeter and a half taller than Kaito. Despite being born in America, he moved to Fukushima alongside his father shortly after his mother died from a disease. Joseph was still young back then and didn't remember much of what had happened, but according to his father, it would be a way for them to be able to move on.

"We get to eat ramen today? We sure got lucky!" Beth said in Japanese, though a slight British accent could be heard in her voice.

"You're right, we don't often get to these opportunities..." Joseph replied back, his Japanese being slightly smoother than Beth's.

"Then what are you guys waiting for? Itadakimasu!" Kaito replied in flawless Japanese as he put his hands together and slightly bowed before picking up his chopsticks and digging in.