Tragedy (part 1)

(Author's note: By the way, their boss looks exactly liks Joel Faviere. I can't link the photo so please google him) 

Jacob roamed around for hours, hoping to find Adriana but once again, she was no where to be found. He had messed up again in his relationship and just wanted the madness to end. He only wanted to hold Adriana in his arms and make sure that their child was going to be okay. He didn't want their baby raised in a household made of arguing and despisement. It was pitch black and the flash light he used to search around for her was growing dim. Even the colors of the stained concrete was beginning to look as if they were blending in with the gray color of concrete. He heaved a sigh and slammed his forehead up against a brick wall that happened to be nearby. Luckily his phone buzzed in his pocket to stop his constant beatings. Jacob reached into the button closed pocket of his blue jeans, pulled out his phone and read the text message that was sent to him from their boss. It read "Adriana is here at my house crying her eyes out. Don't ask me how she found my address. Just come quick. 4675 Windsor Street Guatale, Minnesota House #8890..." Jacob pouted a bit and made a run for it to his house....

*later* 

Jacob arrived at their boss' house and lightly tapped his fist against the door. Adriana laid on the burgundy couch, now asleep, as their boss hurried to open the door. "Get in here.." he muttered and Jacob followed his commands. He was surprised to see Adriana passed out on the couch. Their boss sat down in a chair sitting across from the love seat that sat at an angle from the regular couch, and instructed for Jacob to sit on the love seat. Once Jacob sat down, their boss cleared his throat, loudly but not loud enough to wake Adriana. "Now explain everything to me please.." he muttered. Jacob leaned back into the soft pillows of the sofa, an embarrassed look upon his face. "Jacob...." their boss sternly said his name. "We had another argument and I said something that I shouldn't have to her. I also called her a word that should have never been in my vocabulary, let alone slip out of my mouth, especially to my wife." "What do you mean?" their boss whispered. Jacob sighed and tried to mold his way into the couch so he could disappear from the world. "Jacob...." their boss muttered. "I.....I....said she was spoiled with a disgusting attitude and to top it off..........I called her a bitch..." he whispered. "You did what?" their boss grumbled, snatched Jacob's wrist and led him outside to fuss and yell. "I called her a bitch of all horrid things to say to my wife, I used the most unforgivable, sinful word from the dictionary....." Jacob choked back tears. Their boss sighed and gently placed his palm onto his forehead, wiping away what could have been sweat from the heated tension of the entire situation. He balled up his fist and approached Jacob slowly. Jacob moved back into a defensive stance before their boss tapped his forehead with his fist. "You have to stop fucking up dude. She's pregnant with your baby. Any more stress and she'll lose the baby." he whispered. "I know.....and then she needs surgery for her voice box in a few months.......I may be over-reacting because I am actually afraid of becoming a father........" Jacob whispered. "Dont' worry. Becoming a father is the best thing in the world. You have nothing to worry about at all. As soon as that baby pops out of Adriana, for lack of a better phrase per say, you'll immediately fall in love." he chuckled. Jacob laughed and moved backwards in a fit of small chuckles. "You sound like you've been a father before." he breathed. "I have..." their boss mumbled, the darkness in his eyes becoming more prominent in the street lamp's yellow glow. "What....." Jacob replied in a shocking shudder. Their boss shed a tear but quickly wiped it away. "My son was only three years old when he passed away along with my wife of 7 years in a shooting in an alleyway on their way home from the grocery store....." he, mustering up the courage to speak, breathed the truth. Jacob yanked their boss into a hug, patting his back rather hard. "I'm sorry for your loss man..." he whispered. "It's okay...it was a long time ago." their boss hurried to push Jacob away and wipe another tear. 

Adriana woke and made her way out of the door, turning on the projector and pointing it at the ground as she stepped out of the door. A trickle of blood fell from her legs but it wasn't as normal as the occasional spotting she'd do.......