The rumbling of the motorcycle faded from my mind as I begin to think about how to get myself out of this predicament. I could pull out my rifle, the only weapon I had left, since I lost my pistol and Timmy broke my bat (!), but I wasn't entirely sure the noise was a zombie. Maybe it was a rat or something. Or a person! And I didn't want to alert whoever was on the motorcycle that I was here. Shooting my gun wouldn't be a good idea.

Okay, plan B... I heard the noise again, this time farther to my right. So I would go to my left. I crossed my right arm over my left to touch the wall. I took a few slow steps, then I realized why this was a bad idea. I walked right into a table or something, banging my wrist (freakin' again!) and knocked something over... loudly. I tried to silence my scream unsuccessfully, a strangled cry escaping my throat.

Whoever, or whatever, was in that room with me stopped moving for a minute, then began banging it's way toward me. I sighed, reaching into my pocket to pull out my flashlight. Flicking it on, the light beamed into the face of a drooling, slobbering, bleeding, snaling, disgusting figure of the one and only zombified security guard. Aww crap.

Alex's POV

C'mon,c'mon, she couldn't have gotten THAT far! I thought to myself as I sped on the motorcycle.

I came to a dead stop when I heard  a gun shot. It was a rifle.

And it was about 5 shots... Yeah, that's Casey.

I turned the bike around and stepped on the gas like I didn't care. A minute later I hopped off the bike and was standing in front of two different buildings.

I debated on which one and was stuck. Until I saw a familar figure walk by a window... or at least I think that's what it was once apon a time.

I ran inside and got my gun ready....WHY would anyone choose such a dark place to hide? With FLESH-EATING people wondering around?!?!?

"Casey, where are you?!" I called and then I could hear her foot steps. They were running away.

"Wait!" I called. "It's me! Hold on!" I begged and pushed my legs to run after her in the dark.

I managed to follow pretty well, until I stepped on something. I fell flat on my back, it sounded like I took down a lot of metal with me. My head smacked against the ground and made me let out a small cry.

It hurt so bad...but what hurt more was realization. She didn't want me to find her...

And just like that, every little inch of pain that I had held in since this all happen just broke loose. I found myself bursting into tears. I laid on the ground and hid my face in my knees as everything hit me.

By then I didn't care about how bad my head was pounding at the moment or how the foot steps were no longer audable. I really didn't care about anything. Everything I had bottled up to build this so called 'tough' barrier was coming out. And its times like this when you realize how much life SUCKS.

As I continued to cry I felt watched... A part of me was waiting for the infected to just eat me.

It didn't matter anymore, I had no family, apparently no friends now, no one who cared, no one to care for...so what's there to live for? What if I laid there and let it bite me? Why not? Then I could rest peacefully and be with my family again.

I waited for it to come charging at me as I closed my eyes...but it never did. So I spoke. "Just bite me already ,get it over with," I groaned.

"You're crying?" a familar voice said and it sounded gulty.

I turned my back to her so I could cry in peace. I never liked people seeing me like this.

"Alex?" she asked. "Are you ok?"