Chapter Three

Alex's pov.

"Alright almost got it! Now...Wich red wire am i supposed to cut?" I said more to myself.

Casey peeked her head in the car as I reached for a random one. "Whoa, are you nuts? The car could blow up!"

I thought about for a minute. "Well, then in that case, I'd step back if I were you." Her eyes widened and she jumped back.

I squeezed my eyes shut and snipped the cord. When I didn't feel anything, I slowly opened my eyes to see a freaking out Casey.

"What?" I asked as I sat up ready to take off.

"You would risk blowing yourself up for a car?" she screeched.

"Not just any car...A Comaro in which I've always dreamed of having." I smiled, petting the dashboard like it was a kitten.

She came around the car to get in the passenger seat. "But you could have died!"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "Not like I have anything to loose anyway," I murmured to myself but I thought she might have heard it. So I changed the subject. "So where to? I know there's a Home Depot up ahead. A few things like Walmart and stuff but that's about it."

"Ummm.. I got it! Go straight ahead and turn left when I say" She smiled exitedly. She started biting into another muffin as I sped off. One day there will be no more mufffins...I pray she finds another obsession before then, for my sake.

"So what's this place where heading to anyway?" I asked curiously as I fumbled with the radio. I only got white noise, so I put in a rock CD the previous owner had so kindly layed out for me.

"Oh, you'll see. Turn left here."

I nodded and did as she said. A part of me was worried about what we'd find where we were going...the other part of me worried if Casey was nuts.

Then something occured to me as we came up on a familiar road.

"Hey dude.. We're not in the city, are we?" I asked, slowing the car down.

"It's on the edge of it. Why?"

"I don't trust it. How many infected do you think they'll be in such a crowded city?" I asked and was about to turn the car around when she protested.

"But wait! This is a military store that my cousins used to go to."

Casey's POV.

"Military store? What did they do there?" Alex asked, pulling into a parking space near the front of the store. I didn't really know why she bothered. It wasn't like we were going to get a ticket or anything.

"Well, obviously they were shopping for military supplies. They were both on the army. They used to take me here a lot when I was younger. I loved to look at the guns. You know, imagine what it would be like to shoot them." I basked in the memory.

"They have guns here? That's awesome! Come on, what are we waiting for?" Alex hopped out of the Camaro and jogged towards the store. I sighed and reached down for the bat I had set down on the floor. In a weird way, I was going to miss it, because I knew that once I had my hands on one of those guns, there would no more use for it.

I followed Alex into the store, amazed at how she moved the crowbar so naturally, it seemed like an extension of her arm. She pried the locked door (Who had the time to lock it?) and slowly took a step in. It was dark. I automatically looked to my right, searching for a light switch. Score! I flipped it on, immediately brightening the entire place.

"What are you doing?" Alex hissed, whirling around to reveal her half-angry, half-startled expression. "What if there's zombies in here! Now you just alerted them all."

"Calm yourself. The door was locked. Now, unless they have figured out how to lock them after they enter, I'm pretty sure we're fine. I'm not as dumb as you look," I said and glided past her to the gun case. And of course, it was locked.

But hey, it was glass. And I had a metal bat. Problem? I think not. I swung the bat, glass spraying everywhere.

"Shouldn't we have looked around before smashing it. That way if by some miniscule chance there was a zombie in here, we wouldn't have alerted them more than you already have?"

"No, trust me. Now if there are zombies in here, we have guns! Duh," I said. I reached in and pulled out some type of pistol. It was a little heavy so I put it back, picking up another one.

"I was thinking, sadly, we can't carry too many guns with us. Maybe one or two, because we also have to carry ammo. So we should each take a pistol for a back up weapon, you know in case of an emergency, and another, larger gun, as our main weapon," I said. "And obviously plenty of ammo." I pulled out another pistol, weighing. Perfect. I looked at the placard next to the gun. A Mamba Pistol. Hmm, I liked the sound of that. I checked the safety, shoving it into my back pocket.

"Come on, try some out," I said to Alex, gesturing around. She looked around uneasily, but finally came over. She picked up a M16 assualt rifle, looking it up and down.

"I guess this will do," she mumbled. She also put a Mamba Pistol into her pocket. We both packed box after box of ammo into our packs. Surprisingly, it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be.

"Now we can look around," I said. They sell all kinds of weapons here. Maybe we can find knives or something." I headed towards doorway into the main store. All of a sudden, I heard a shout and a figure came hurling out of the shadows and right toward me.