[CHAPTER FOUR]

././𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓟𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓸𝔀/./.

 It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body

It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most. With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials. And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

We all sat in Pop's, listening to Juggie complain about the drive-in closing for what felt like the hundredth time

We all sat in Pop's, listening to Juggie complain about the drive-in closing for what felt like the hundredth time. Not that I minded, but, I could tell the rest of the group was getting tired. I was leaning my head on his shoulder while he spoke, his arm was wrapped around me.

The entire gang had gotten in the routine of coming every weekend to meet up. Jughead and I, however, were here every night. Since I knew that he would be here to write his novel, I came to keep him company, until my curfew. I would just sit in his arms, like I am now, and watch him right, occasionally pointing out a problem with phrasing.

"The Drive-in closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale." He explained to Kevin, who was less than impressed with the drive-in. I loved when he was so passionate about things. Nothing could stop him or change his mind when he decided to fight for it. Kevin groans, as Juggie continues, "No. Forget Riverdale. In the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say—"

Kevin cut him off, stopping the hour-long rant, "Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references."

"What? I'm pissed," Jughead defended, I could tell from the bags under his eyes, more defined than usual, that he was really bothered by this.

I noticed Betty also seeming bothered by present happenings. She had been playing with her vanilla milkshake ever since we got here. I knew it was about what she heard from Dilton about Archie and Grundy's affair. She hadn't stopped talking about it all week. I had told her not to say anything, but I presume she is letting her feelings cloud her thoughts.