Teacher/Student talk and explanations

Glynda Goodwitch was a woman of respect

Not surprising as being the combat instructor for Beacon academy will give anyone a well known and respected reputation. She has trained herself since day one from unlocking her aura, training it, discovering her semblance, training it, all the way from primary combat school 'til now. You put in the time and effort to improve upon yourself and you'll earn her respect and teachings to do so.

So when it was discovered that one Jaune Arc had faked his way into Beacon, it shouldn't be a surprise she took every initiative to make her disdain for him known. This varied from sarcastic remarks on his life, his 'training' and overall himself as a person.

She already disliked the Arc even before his transcripts were revealed, merely because of his lack of skill, not realising how much she through her job and status as a teacher out the window. Her job was to help him IMPROVE, not blatantly disregard him as nothing more than a pest. Though like the saying "You don't know what you have until you've lost it", and this couldn't be more true; not just for her, but all of Beacon as a whole.

When Jaune went into the Emerald Forest for a day, everyone wrote it off as "he'll be back during the night probably". Then one became two, two became four, and so forth before they decided to send a search party consisting of team CFVY. It was when they came back with the mangled form of Crocea Mors, did everyone realise their mistake, some later than others *cough*Weiss*cough*.

Jaune Arc was actually a beacon, one who could draw out the light and happiness of everyone around him. But in the end if he was the light, then they were the darkness who snuffed it out...for good.

Glynda hated herself for what she had done to the boy, which only increased further from her talk (read: scolding) with Ozpin.

Flashback

"Ozpin I can expl-" Glynda tried to say before being cut off from Ozpin.

"No, you've done enough. Not only have I just been informed of your influence into Mr Arc's demise, but that you did BEFORE his transcripts were revealed!" Ozpin exclaimed, putting emphasis on 'demise', making her flinch.

"Sir, I can explain myse-" she tried to say before again being cut off.

"That's enough... Glynda, you are a trusted colleague and friend, but not only have you disregarded your job as a teacher and neglect to actually TEACH him, to help him IMPROVE, you instead decide to spite him for his lack of experience. Spite that when combined with the student bodies', bar Ms Scarlantina, lead him to heading out to the Emerald Forest to 'prove himself', a task that ultimately lead to his death, sadly." Ozpin said with a fierce glare before getting a downcast look before continuing. "As of this moment Glynda, you are put onto a two month suspension from your position to think on your actions and not make those same mistakes." he said before sitting back in his chair, thinking on the loss of a kind boy who could've one day been a marvelous huntsman, now nothing more than a depressing thought.

Seeing she couldn't win this, Glynda walked towards the elevator thinking on her regrets to the blonde knight.

Present

Since then, Glynda actually did change after her suspension, helping her students improve their combat abilities, though it did nothing to remove the smouldering glare off of Velvet's face, not shocking considering did she have a crush on the boy and was the only one who didn't abuse him. So imagine her surprise when coming out from a portal a man built like a mountain surveyed the area; and when she saw those blue eyes, she knew instinctively who it was.

"Mr Arc?"

Which leads us to now, with Glynda looking Jaune over while he sipped his tea. Now she knows about the potential Ozpin talked about, having seen him standing at 8 feet tall in gold and purple regal armor, not to mention his VERY noticable muscles littered with battle scars, showing his experience in fights.