Bright lights

Hey guys! I'm sorry, it was SEVERAL months due, but I'm here now. There was a lot of issues so I wasn't able to. I also apologise that it's short, but I quite like first chapters being short and sweet. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wind whipped around him as he fell, thoughts flying as the ground came closer.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Mineta was currently staring out the window, too busy looking at his fantasies to pay attention to the lesson. However, his thoughts about boobs suddenly scatter as he sees a boy with a mop of green hair falling to the ground and he lets out a frightened yell. "BOOB- MIDORIYA! HE'S FALLING!" The rest of the class, except Todoroki, Momo and Bakugo- stand up with several gasps. With everyone else frozen in shock, Aizawa rushes forwards, opening the window wide and throwing his scarf out,- which clasps around Izuku's form. From the impact, Izuku immediately passes out, scarf tightly around him. Shouta very carefully lowered the scarf to the ground and quickly rushes down the stairs. Ochaco and Iida follow behind with equal speed, the three of them disappearing. Some others from other classes were looking out the windows, and out at the scene.

-Down at ground level-

Aizawa had a deep, hard to beat from across his lips, his brows furrowed. 'Why did Midoriya throw himself off of the school roof.' He freezes in movement for only a millisecond in realisation, snapping out of it and exiting the doors. As Aizawa approached the greenette, Ochaco and Iida had caught up with him.

"Aizawa-Sensei! Why did Midoriya-" Uraraka starts to question, though becomes too overcome to say what she was thinking. Iida remained strangely silent, his frown starting to deepen.

"Sensei.." He says quietly.

"Yes, Iida?"

"There's blood." Tenya mumbles, Shouta's eyes abruptly snapping to Izuku. His blazer was indeed soaked in a light coat of blood. The pro hero kneels down, removing the scarf and pulling the blazer off, revealing that both his white long sleeved shirts were stained in a deep red.

"Uraraka, go get recovery girl." With a cry of 'yes sensei' she quickly fumbles off, trying her best not to cry though she couldn't help a few tears slip from her eyes.

'Deku... He tries to kill himself...' She thinks to herself, though it wasn't just her who thought it- everyone was.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

The light was bright. Was he dead? His thoughts fumble, trying to make sense. Wait... He blinks, then blinks again. This was... Recovery girls office? Wait wait wait! No! No! He sits up quickly, before flopping back down while gripping his head with a groan of pain. There was mumbling, a couple voices washing over each other like waves.

"W-Why....." He manages finally, which makes the voices go suddenly silent.

"Why what Midoriya?" Aizawa's voice rings out, though deafeningly quiet in the loud ringing ears.

"Why did you save me?" Izuku whispers in reply, defeat radiating his speech as a wide range of sentences form in his head, unable to make themselves into words. There was no response, only a collective sigh coming from the elders mouth. A knock on the door takes both of their attention, resulting in Midoriya sitting up, no longer disoriented.

"Come in."

Ochaco walks in, alongside Iida. At the sight of Izuku being awake she practically sprints over, hugging him tightly- as if he was going to disappear.

"DEKU! YOU SCARED ME SO MUCH- I THOUGHT YOU WERE-" Shuddering sobs break from her throat as her clutch tightens even more. Izuku was shell-shocked. She... cared? He couldn't help it, his own cries overlap hers as he hugged her tightly back. Tenya pushes his glasses up and coughs, making the Green and Brown haired teens looks at him. His eyes were hard, but a warmth was still behind them.

"I'm glad you're still here Midoriya." He awkwardly announces. This results in Izuku's cries turning into a fountain of sobs. People cared. They- They wanted him here. He- He could be a hero! Someone who saves people... And his friends believed in him... It felt as if he lived in black and white, and the colour was suddenly flooding in. He saw back into the way they acted, how they gave the boy warmth. How they smiled at him and treated him as a friend. It's all he could ever ask for. Why did he think this? They love him. Maybe dying wasn't the only option.. And Izuku was glad he finally realised that.