Chapter Nine

My apologies for how late and slow my updates have been. I wanted to get this chapter right and ready. Plus, I was getting as ahead as I could.

Faceless watches the children of Death, Sloth, and Envy. They all have a unique way of dealing with things. Such powerful children have yet to unlock their true potential, although, he hopes to extinguish their flames before that can happen. Each new champion, each generation, has been getting more and more powerful, more and more greedy. With each new face, the Faceless's desire to end them grew.

Oh, how they despise them! They will kill them and destroy the Immortal Beings. They will make them pay!

Like with Macbeth, at first, the thoughts that plagued their mind and dreams, it scared them. Their bloodlust and want had started to take over and they were terrified of what they were becoming. They screamed and cursed the heavens, listened to the voices of fear and judgment—the ones calling out "murder! Thy does murder-sleep!" The Faceless would doubt themself and cry out into the darkness "who goes there? Look no further and pretend you see not my true heart! Go! Save yourself and keep you away from me!" But now, now they have no qualms and no doubts! The ravens had croaked these men and women's deaths! Come high and low, they will slaughter and paint this world red with bloodshed! The obscured avian shall be the only one to witness their true form and horrors! The owl would watch the bloodshed as it would be the one to foretell death!

  A smile crosses their face behind the mask, coming up with a plan on how to get the three away from the others and from each other.

  Well, there is one way.

  But that will be for later.

  That will be the last resort.

The Faceless hums and paces. They weren't invited to the masquerade, not like they are surprised. They're always forgotten and outcasted. The other Beings do not care about them. They don't know why! Why are they always left out? Why? What had they done?

"No matter," they whisper, gripping the front of their misty suit with a glare at the floor. "I will end them."

* * *

Izuku is acting strangely. Hitoshi can see it in the way he's tense, looking around constantly. "Where's Uraraka?" he asks in a whisper, worrying his bottom lip and fidgeting. Hitoshi grimaces and tells him that she didn't pass. With a sigh, the boy drops his head against Hitoshi's shoulder, shaking with fatigue. The taller male can feel the way he's diminished a lot of energy—how and why? Hitoshi can't really do anything about it since he can only take energy and not give.

"Is he okay?"

"Tired. His energy levels are pretty low. Either from worrying too much and fighting, or using too much of his quirk without realizing it." Hitoshi ran a hand through the green curls until the boy pulled away with a smile.

"YOU!" Everyone turns to the source of the angry voice. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

  Yes, what's a killer like you doing here? You show no care or empathy for people. You're a psychopath pretending to be normal. You pretend to feel remorse or any emotion when you're lying to everyone and yourself.

Hitoshi watches as Izuku tenses and hides behind him, staring with wide eyes at the male who makes his way over to them, glaring harshly at the smaller boy. "I-I'm taking my license exams?"

"For what? To be a hero?" Once the male got closer, he gets a better look at the guy. A shock of red and black hair pulled into two braids, black diamond markings against pale skin and running up to his eyes, lime green irises piercing the boy of pale green eyes. He can't tell what the guy's quirk is so he'll have to tread carefully.