2

A Month Later

It has been a month since Mikasa's parents were murdered cold blooded. It was still hard to forget them and move on, but what was fascinating was that Mikasa moved on 2 weeks later. A regular child will still remember them for decades. Why did her parents die? Mikasa had no clue why, they didn't do nothing wrong.

"Mom had a baby, dad was just trying to survive the world. What did we do to deserve this. Most importantly, why them." Mikasa said to herself loud enough for Jean to hear. Jean felt bad for her, if Jean were to be in her situation he would've been with them, by that he means killing himself to be with his mom. So Jean decided to do one thing that can change Mikasa, if it can.

"Mikasa, come here." He said to Mikasa, gesturing to take and hold his hand.

"Oh ok." She did exactly what he wanted her to do. Her hands were cold, lifeless and pale. Jean ignored it and pulled her out of their room where they slept on separate beds. Jean wanted Mikasa to experience what having a friend is like, though Jean is her friend, he wanted her to have more.

"Jean where are we going." Mikasa was nervous, filled with anxiety seeing all these new people. Some were checking a 9 year old, some didn't care and one with brown hair was fighting 3 kids at once, until a drunk blonde stopped the 4 of them.

"I feel bad for that kid." Mikasa stared at the young boy, he had bruises and a murderous intent.

"Oh him? He's a violent one, I don't recommend hanging with him, it's also my first time seeing him and I can tell he picks fights." Jean also stared at the boy with bruises, he didn't like him one bit from his first impressions. Then they finally arrived at a river but with houses around. Mikasa saw a blonde reading a book, was he Jean's friend?

"Oh hey! You must be Mikasa! Jean told a lot about you, he adores you." He grinned, Jean playfully smack the back of his head and starts to blush.

"H-Hi." An antisocial Mikasa said, slowly lifting her hand to her chest and weakly wave. This brought Armin's attention to the max.

"So they were true." He thought to himself. Jean also told how he met Mikasa, a sad way to meet each other.

"I'm really sorry about your family." He frowned, not to be rude.

"It's okay, it happens." Her voice cracked, she was crying again for the 5th time this week and it's only Wednesday. This broke Armin's heart, so he decides to hug her obviously shocking Mikasa.

"My parents also died, only my grandpa watches me now. I'm so lucky to have him, I don't know what I could do without him. I could only have a simulation if your situation happens to me." Armin was also crying. Mikasa never knew there was another person that experience her sorrow past. She also hugged Armin back then Jean jumped in. They all hugged for 3 minutes before all letting go simultaneously,

"Welp, let's play with the river! Don't worry about germs! They have a water filter to clean anyway." Armin slid his hand to the cold ice water. Mikasa jumped in and smiled, it tickled her. Jean witness a once in a lifetime chance, Mikasa smiling. An actual smile, not a fake smile which was obvious since the person won't show their teeth, just lips curled up. Her laugh, that damn laugh, it was like an angel being accepted by God again.

This was a start to a good life, or so it was..