What's Up, Danger?

Who am I? Are you sure that you to know? This tale, in particular, isn't really for the non-audacious. If somebody told you that my life was some whimsical little fairy tale with a happy ending... then it was a full-blown lie.

To break this story down as simply as possible, it's about heroes. More specifically, what does it mean to be a hero? Now when you think about heroes, two things pop up almost immediately. Heroes of mythology and the modern-day superheroes. These two ideas are what make my world's heroes of today.

Heroes of myth still have relevance today because of the whole concept. Take an ordinary guy, bland and is scrawny and weak. He gets a call to go on this most epic and dangerous quest of self-discovery and reward. Along the way, he meets many friends/allies and learns about this grand villain and the plans of the said villain. During the journey, many trials are laid out for the guy to overcome. That leads to the decisive confrontation, good vs evil. Though the battle was tough, the guy manages to overcome the evil as a triumphant hero. After that, the new hero returns home, covered in riches, given some sort of reward, and is publically immortalized in some way.

Sounds familiar right? But that's not what makes a hero.

Superheroes are people who possess some sort of superhuman abilities either through heredity or scientific accidents. They decide to use these powers to help out their cities by fighting criminals, monsters, to even teams of supervillains. Although there are superheroes that are stuck up, arrogant, or just flat out jerks because of their egos, most are nice as they are in their normal alter ego. But the one thing that every superhero has in common is that the public thinks that what makes up the person is the entertainment and the publicity, making them celebrities.

That doesn't really embody heroism, now does it?

This is where my story begins.

Musutafu, Japan (General P.O.V.)

It's about seven o'clock in the morning as the sun had just started to rise up, hence the country's title. The civilians were commencing their daily routines; men were leaving for work, women were either dong the same thing or went on with their motherly and or wifely duties, and the children were readying themselves for school. It was like any other Monday morning in the city of Musutafu. Everything was peaceful in the district until a loud alarm went off at a nearby. The loud commotion came from a local jewelry store succumbing to the case of thievery. Two armed crooks came out with two sacks of prized gemstones and riches while they heard police sirens going off.

"C'mon Yusuke, get your ass in gear! Cops will be here soon and I don't want any of those freaks coming after us!" Hurried the tall and robust thief.

"Keep your cap on, will ya, Tabuki! Believe it or not, these babies are extremely delicate! All it takes is a single scratch ruin these things, ya know!" Retorted the newly named Yusuke as they got into their gateway car, which was a 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE.

The two numbskulls scurried into the car and hit the ignition, gunning their way of the crime scene. However, what they didn't know was that a figure had watched them from the building across from the local jewelry store. His eyes narrowed as he whispered under his mask.

"Finally! Time for some action!"

Moments Later With the Two Thieves

"Yosh! We actually got away with the dough! Wait until the boss here's about this! We'll be invited into the crew and swimming in cash in no time!" Yusuke said as his pupils changed into money signs.

His large partner in crime who was driving through the streets faster than the speed limit, shook his head while giving the scrawny male a wake-up call.