Individually Two

I am from the ice. I am from the snow.
I am from the cold and the frost;
I ask you how are you doing?
You answer. Little do you know I deeply
Do not care. Don't be offended. I do care.
I just don't care

Right now.

It is merely a greeting up North. Thank you
For understanding. You are so nice. No, you are. Deadass, take the compliment and shut it.

Our tongues have thorns. They don't know when to stop to begin. We don't know how to ask nicely. “Get out of the way!” Is what we yell to performers during “Showtime!” With our eyes.

You would appreciate them. Your hospitality does not allow you to be mean. Except for the Crow era. But we are passed that, Comrade. I bet down South you are
Warmer. So am I.

I am from skyscrapers. I miss the sun. I am from paths of granite that take me places. I miss the decaying busses. And the drivers saying "aquí cabe uno má'!" Cuando obviamente no one else could fit. I am sorry. What did you ask me? To say it in American? Yo no creo que pueda, so no. I won't try.

I am from New Amsterdam. I miss my Mother of Lands. "Quisqueya, La Bella" I call it. How do you call your homeland? I meant state? Of course why would I ask you about your culture? Why did you ask about my hair? Why are you touching it?
Can I touch yours? It doesn't feel good, does it?

I think it's best we leave it at that. I will return to my castle of ice. You should return home too. Your Firelands await; not the ones from World of Warcraft. Yours. Unless you need me to sow you the way. Don't worry.
I won't burn. I've been branded by heat before. Oh? By different people. Different situations.

One of them was actually from a few seconds ago. I shall be fine. I am that last verse of that Song of Fire and Ice. Ask George R. R. Martin. Actually, don't
ask him. He might not know I exist.

I grew up in the mountains. I grew up in the wind. I grew up in places you couldn't think. I grew up in the river. I grew up in the storm. I grew up in that belt all sugar was born. I grew up in that Dutch laundromat
Where the owners did not know English. But neither did Mami.
So it was good.

I am from here. I am from there. Anywhere, I call it. From The west. From the east. Thanks to Chris, I am even you. Just darker, partly. But with seasoning. Lots of it. Maybe not the kinds Colón got lost for. Maybe not the kinds Colón killed for. But the kinds I am here for. Would you like to try them?