*Cliff Burton* (PART 1)

I ran like I was the fucking wind. My smallish duffel bag filled with just a couple things, I ran extremely fast. My mom was abusive, and my dad committed suicide when I was just a mere 10 years old. Yes, I was 17. I could move out, I had enough money to. I preformed a lot, I knew guitar and bass. I earned a lot of money from that, I could practically buy a small, but nice apartment with that. But the motherfuckers known as my mom, she didn't let me. She disproved of every single thing I did, and if I fought with her, she would hurt me. She's stabbed me once. But, when I called the cops on her, she weaseled her way out of it. I was angry, and I planned to run away for a while.

I wrote up a letter, telling my mom to not bother to find me. Recently, my friend, Kirk, he just got a big apartment that he shared with his 3 friends. Me and Kirk went back a long way, and I met his friend James a couple years ago, along with Lars. But, I never met another one of his friends, Cliff. I've heard about him, and I'm pretty sure he's heard about me.

I took a taxi to the other side of California, where Kirk lived. Yes, that was far away, but I had enough money to pay for it. And yes, it was far enough for me.

Walking out of the taxi, I took my duffel bag. I had a small suitcase as well, I packed my clothes and my instruments. And some books and music. Walking up the stairs, I knocked on the door, to see a 6 foot James, his hair in his face. "You're here!" He yelled, bear hugging me. The four of them knew I was coming, and they knew my situation.

Running down the hall, I saw Lars and his short stubby legs. Then, I saw Cliff. Yes, I've never met him, but I've seen photos of him. Tackling me, Lars seemed exited. I haven't seen them in more then 2 years, no wonder they were happy. Looking at my, Cliff smiled. I held out my hand, expecting him to handshake. He took my wrist, putting it to my side and pulling me into a hug. My head on his chest, I smiled. "Hi Cliff."

After greeting Kirk, I spent time cuddling up to them while watching MTV while having some beer. But now, it was 11 and I was tired. Mom didn't seem to want to find them, it would of been on the news by now.

"Hey... Y/n, your bedroom isn't ready.." Kirk said, anxious a little bit. "So you might have to sleep on the couch..."

I mean, I wasn't angry. I thought that I would be sleeping on the couch all the time, but I guess not. "That's fine with me." I gave him a smile.

Eventually, everyone but Cliff went upstairs. I eventually just laid on the couch, and I looked asleep. Looking down at me, Cliff seemed sympathetic. Carrying me bridal style, he dropped me onto his bed, putting me under covers. A couple minutes later, as I was pretty much asleep, he jumped into the bed with me as well.