Chapter 2: I'll always find my way back to you

Klaus's POV:

"Caroline."

After watching Elijah sacrifice himself for me I knew what I had to do. I had to find Caroline. I knew exactly where she would be The Salvatore Boarding School for Supernatural Children.

I arrived at the school and just sat in the car with wonder in my eyes. I watched my beautiful daughter smile as she finally was happy at a place where she was truly accepted.

I got out of the car and she saw me. My heir, she came running and my heart was so happy. 

"Dad, Oh My Gosh what are you doing? I thought you died. I held her in my arms. I'll always come home to you my princess.

She sobbed in my arms. "How?"

Uncle Elijah its time for him to be at peace and be with your mother at last. He said that he was so happy that my heart was finally happy and needed a second chance. 

"Oh dad, I'm so happy you're okay."

I look down at my beautiful creation and kiss her on the forehead.

"Go, dad, I know why you're really here. Find her I'll always be here waiting for you. Besides I'm okay now. I love you."

Alaric's POV:

The knock at my door startled me. "Coming"

Klaus? What are you doing here? I thought you were dead.

"You think you could get rid of me that easily?"

"I'm looking for Caroline."

"She's not here."

"Where is she?"

"She's at her family's lake house. Mourning you"

Klaus looks back at me and for the first time he speaks and says "I'm sorry, for involving your girls in this mess and Caroline."

He walks out.

Caroline's POV:

I'm sitting on the dock and all I can think about is how messed up my life has been.

I finally got the love I deserved and he like my husband died. 

Klaus's POV:

I arrive at the lake house. I see Caroline, she is sitting at the dock. I listen to her crying. She's talking to herself. 

"I... finally had eve..ry...thi..ng I wanted and it's gone like always."

"Hello, Love. You didn't actually think that I would leave you after you finally fell in love with me."

"Klaus... What are you doing here?"

She runs up to me.

Our lips crash. I can feel her warm tears against my face. I wrap my arms around her and pick her up. 

"Looks like I finally caught you."

She whispers "I knew you would"

Caroline's POV:

He finally caught me. I knew he would, I'm so glad he found his way back to me.

Our lips crashed and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around him. 

I whispered to him "Thank You, thank you, thank you, thank you. For coming back for me."

"Oh, love I'll never leave you"

He ran us into the house. Up into my bedroom and from there the rest was history.

Author's Note:

I know that this was short, but I was thinking that I'd make this more a one-shot unless anyone wants me to keep it going. I have a few ideas but im not totally sure which direction I should take the story after this chapter. I have a few ideas but just let me know what you guys want to see.