The Accident

*RECAP* - You wake up, getting ready for work. You hear your parents arguing downstairs and think nothing of it as that is they're usual ordeal. Then your mom comes upstairs grabs her things and leaves with a simple "Goodbye, I love you".

YOUR POV:

Oh my god. what am I going to do? With mom gone, and dad a wreck how are we going to support ourselves? I soon walk downstairs. I see dad sitting on the couch crying.

"What did you do? Why did mom leave?" I say as I stop crying, and my sadness turns into anger. "Y/N, your mom left because of me. We were getting into an argument as usual and I had a huge hangover from last night. I was upset and confused and I hit her." He said, tears welling in his eyes.

There was a silence of shock. He began to say something then stopped. "I-i didn't mean it. I really didn't." He said, looking down at his fists. I could tell he didn't mean it. That didn't make it right.

"It's gonna be fine. I need to go to work. Goodbye dad." I got my stuff packed together and walked out the front door.

I hopped on my bike since we couldn't afford a car for me. Hell, we could barely even afford to pay the rent with me and mom working. Now that she's gone, I think that we're in trouble.
Right as I left the driveway, about 30 seconds after I had gotten on the road, someone had turned a corner much too fast and rammed right into me. I was dizzy and my leg really hurt. I couldn't see anything but a blur running towards me. I mumbled something that I couldn't even understand.