Chapter Two

I stare at the two girls, my eyes unblinking. I have to physically bring up my jaw to stop myself from having flies call my tongue their home. I shake my head a little, breaking me out of my daze. 

"I'm Brittany." says the Cheer leader - now having a name. 

"I'm Lilac." She responds, her charming English accent sounding like a song to my ears. 

"Where are you from?" Brittany's plastic voice asks, causing me to flinch back. 

"Donchaster." Lilac says softly, looking down at her hands with a touch of adorable shyness. 

"Oh my gosh thats so amazing! Isn't Louis Tommlinson from there?" the shallow Cheer leader responds. I roll my eyes, and smile to notice that Lilac does as well. 

"Really? Must have missed that." She replies dryly, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. I glanced over at the clock, and then my eyes glanced back over at Lilac once again. For some reason I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

Brittany the Bimbo didn't seem to get Lilacs disinterest. 

"Would you want to sit with me at lunch today? I could show you around, introduce you to boys!" Her artificial voice sounding almost seductive; trying to lure Lilac into her deranged world. 

"Sorry but I have plans with friends." Lilac said, an obviously fake "sad face" blossoming onto her angelic features. 

"Who?" Brittany's shocked, and furious voice replaced her wooing one in a moment, causing Lilac to get caught off guard. 

"Um - well - Its just um -" She stutters, stairing at her hands. Slowly she began to fold into herself as Brittany sneered at her. 

"She is sitting with me, Barbie." I say, my voice surprisingly stirdy with confidence.

"Ha! As if fag, why in hell would she be caught dead in public with you!" She taunts, laughing in my face.

"Hey, leave her alone! Just back off okay?" Lilac says, standing up from her seat and gently placing a hand on my shoulder. I shudder microscopically at the sensation that her comforting touch brings. 

"You don't want to get off hanging out with the wrong sort of crowed, Lily." Brittany says softly, trying to persuade her with her song of a voice to come back with her. 

"I think I will figure out the right sort for myself, thanks." Lilac says, grabbing her bag and moving to sit in a seat next to me.

"And my name is Lilac, not like you took the time to notice." She added, giving the plastic a big smile, waving her goodbye. Brittany narrows her eyes at her, spinning on her heel back towards her friends with a hair flip for emphasis.

Lilac rolls her eyes, rotating her index finger around her temple. 

She looks up at me, exasperated, and I can't help but laugh. 

I sit back down in my seat, turning to Lilac with a smile. "The name is June, and I think that we are going to be great friends." I stick out my hand, and we shake.

Her hands are smooth, and send a shiver down my spine. 

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." She says, her voice ringing with amusement. 

'Maybe even more.' I think, just as the bell rings. 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hello my dears! I apologize for the late update, things have been crazy at home. I apologize if the chapter looks a bit rough, I am half asleep and about to konk out. I will make sure to edit it later. 

Goodnight my little ducklings! 

- girlnextdoor17 xxxx