" And then I heard Jake in my head telling me to stop and this warm feeling came over me with visions of you and I came back to myself. Jasper tried to control me again, but I didn't want him to. He found the bite and touched it when he was kissing me . It was like fire and acid burned all my nerves there " I  said and shut my eyes then shivered" it was agony, beyond agony and that's when you came in " I told them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

After Bella told her side of things the group disbanded and Jacob and I headed back to his house. " I know you want answers, but I think we should wait for in the morning. You can barely keep your eyes open and neither of us have been getting much sleep " Jake murmured wrapping his arm around my shoulders and brushed my hair back from my face.

I shook my head " no, I  want to know what made you do that Jake. I've tried to figure it out, I know you've never meant to hurt me but I didn't come up with anything. I've missed you so much, I need to know what really happened " I said

We were coming up to his property now and he pulled me with him behind his garage. I leaned back against the building while he stood in front of me. " That book you have on the legends of the tribe, did you read it?" he asked after pacing a little. I nodded furrowing my brow " yeah".

" The legends are real Stevie" he told me simply. I stared wide eyed up into his handsome face as he cupped my cheeks and searched my eyes running his thumbs under my eyes. " I'm  a wolf honey. Sam, Paul, and Jared phased first that's why they were watching Em and me. That night I bit you was the wolf awakening in me, he was trying to take what he chose was his. The bite was him marking our mate" he told me.

My throat thickened as we stared at each other. I painfully stepped back out of his hands "your lying" I  whispered and started walking away. "No I'm not,  damnit honey come back!" he said in exasperation as he followed me. " You have to be, you said it yourself that they're just stories " I threw over my shoulder angrily. " I was wrong, you've gotta believe me Stevie. You can't  leave " he said grabbing my arm and spun me around. " Why not!" I cried angrily.

"Because I love you" Jake yelled looking into my eyes with so much love and passion and longing that I froze. " Because your my imprint and I'm lost without you" he said more quietly and gripped my arms tightly, " Because I love you so f@@king much, that I'll never let you go " he told me passionately while I cried.

"Jake I..." but he covered my lips with a warm finger " hush honey, I need to show you something " he told me softly. Stepping back he held up a finger " stay here a minute" he told me and ran into the woods. I  waited for barely a moment before there was an audible pop and then something came out.

A russet wolf the size of a large horse came out the the edge of the trees. " Jake?" I whispered incredulously and hesitantly stepped forward. The wolf nodded his large head and came closer, stopping about four feet from me.

Looking into his eyes I saw the same warm hematite I had fallen for. Staring in wonder I came closer and reached out slowly to pet his shoulder. " Your beautiful Jake" I  murmured sticking my hand into his thick coat on his chest. A thrum reverberated from his chest as his eyes closed in delight and I let out a soggy chuckle " you remind me of Shade". His eyes flew open and a deep rumble reverberated from him as his lips pulled back a bit revealing huge sharp teeth. " A much more huge, scary, and ferocious version of course"I  offered sagely.

Seamlessly his coat melted to skin and my Jake sat on his knees in front of me . He wrapped his arms around my hips pressing his face into my stomach. " God I missed you" he sighed breathing deep luxuriant breathes  from my waist " I  hugged my arms around him catching the ends on his long black hair, " me too Jake, I love you so much " I murmured.

Standing he caught my lips in a passionate kiss that made me gasp as he lifted me up bridal style. We met each other stroke for stroke as we got reacquainted on the way to the house. Jake set me down as soon as we came through the door. " Go ahead and grab a shirt to sleep in honey, I'll wait till your ready " he told me quietly and rubbed my back as I passed him to his room.

I found myself a La Push High t-shirt with a wolf graphic and a clean pair of navy boxers and  changed into them leaving my folded clothes on top of Jake's dresser. When I was done I opened the bedroom door finding Jake out of his shorts and into a pair of boxers, " ready for bed honey?" he asked.

I nodded shyly " more than, I can hardly keep my eyes open" I  murmured. Jake chuckled as he came in " c'mon honey" I  told me tenderly and brought me with him to the bed.  Getting in I curled up on my side and Jake got in behind me curling his big body around me. He rooted his nose into my hair finding my neck and kissed the back and wrapped his arm around my waist palming the flat of my stomach covering it in delicious heat and ran his other arm under my pillow. I was already falling asleep and I faintly heard him speak. " I swear Stevie, I'm going to spend the rest of my life keeping you safe "  he whispered.