Chapter 3

After work Saturday at three forty five I made up a twenty four oz white coffee, white chocolate peppermint mocha and a white coffee a little cream with cinnamon sprinkled on top to go, before making the trip to La Push. Following Jacob's directions I pulled into the drive of a small red rancher. Rock music blared from the clasp board shed and I figured that was Jake working on a car. Grabbing my back pack I slid out and went over and hesitated before nocking on the rolling door.

" It's open!" Jacob yelled. I flicked my braid over my shoulder and adjusted my bag before shoving the door back. I almost swallowed my tongue at the sight before me and a hot blush coated both of my cheeks. Jacob stood shirtless and sweaty showcasing his six pack, chest, and bulging biceps. His hair in a sloppy man bun at the back of his head, and his jeans slung low on his narrow waist.
" Hey" I squeaked and cleared my throat as heat flooded my cheeks . He looked up from where he was bent under the hood of his car and shut the hood. He nodded and shut off the radio, "let's take this inside" he said and lead the way to his house. He left the side door open for me and shrugged on a dark green t-shirt and I blushed again watching his shoulders and back muscles lengthen and contract. Shaking my head I followed to the table and took a seat.

" So to start, I brought my white erase board for Algebra" I told him as he took the seat beside me. " I'll write out an equation step by step, then if you think that you've got it I made up a page from last week's assignment " I told him pulling those items out and set his coffee in front of him. " Thought you might like some coffee". I explained as I wrote out the equation steps, "there, that makes sense?" I asked and he nodded so I passed him the assignment and let him work on that while I pulled out the next set of items.

After he was done I looked over the paper and smiled. " Awesome, you only have two wrong " I told him and pointed them out. " This one should be f and the other x, other than that your spot on ". Passing him the next set of stuff I explained, " this first paper is an example of how I take notes, obviously you don't need all the embellishments, but the information and how it's organized should help. Then these are for your names and dates issue. Write the name or date on one side and what it coincides with on the other. This will also work for government" I told him as I pointed things out.

After he wrote out a few things I pulled out the next thing. " This is what I do for English as I read through the book, when I find a way where we don't have to read it and not be cheating to still get good grades I'll let you know " I told him passing my hardback copy of Beowulf filled with post-its and writing penciled in the margins. " Post-its are your best friend" I told him passing a set of small lime green ones and a zip lock of origami newspaper bookmarks for page corners. "The bookmarks are for marking areas to go back to later if you have trouble " I added pointing them out.

" And here we have everything my brother had for Spanish, I'll let you decide what works for you since I don't know. Liam offered to go over your work " I told him." Yeah, you take French, right " he asked. I nodded "yeah, I'm already pretty fluent though, mom taught me most before I started high school " I told him.

"Lastly government, you can do the same thing with the cards like I said earlier. For government procedure I suggest this " I told him placing a typed paper in front of him. " This is a copy of what I use to remember. I bullet pointed and used bold type, and additional parts to each step are marked a, b, or c and extra important info is in red" I told him.

" That should do it, I'll check on your progress in study hall " I told him once we were done. As I gathered my things a middle aged man in a wheel chair came through the front door. " Who has the Ford out front son?" he asked coming inside. " That would be me, if it's blocking your way or anything I was just on my way out " I said packing my things into my backpack.

He faced me and smiled. I could see where Jacob had gotten his from. " You must be the girl the school appointed to straighten out my boy" he said and wheeled over shaking my hand. I nodded " yes sir, that's me, I'm Stevie James " I told him." No need to be so formal, call me Billy. That sir business just makes me feel old " he said and I chuckled nodding." So how is he doing?" Billy asked," well I've given Jacob some things to help him study, tips so he can memorize facts. Algebra was an easy fix, he just forgot a couple steps was all. Otherwise I'll look for more progress next time we meet up" I told him.

Billy looked at me strangely as though he knew something about me I didn't before covering it with a smile. " Well, thank you for helping, don't be a stranger " he said kindly," well thanks, I better get going though. I promised my mother that I'd help with dinner, so I'll see you Monday Jacob " I said before heading out.

Jacob didn't say anything just nodded and watched me as I walked out to my truck.