On Look! Something to read-

Start from the beginning

Like Hoseok, Jungkook wished he could turn back the days as easily as a farmer turning a page in an almanac. He wished that the people of Gap of Seoul could forgive, and that he could forget.

He hiked up his backpack, working on forgetting.

Think of something else, anything else. Maybe like his chores, which his brother would want finished by dinner. Like studying for college entrance exams, exams he would ace if had any hope of going away, getting away, though the thought of leaving made his stomach clench. Like TXT, all five of them as mean as bulldogs, boys who like to hurt people who got them n their way, and people who didn't.

The very same boys who appeared on the rode in front of him.

Jungkook froze up like a monument to cowards everywhere. Was it them? Was he really sure? Of course he was sure. Jungkook could always tell, even from this far away. All five of them were tall and skinny, making them look like a chorus line of cats and dogs. They walked as if they owed the town.

The boys hadn't been on the bus, they didn't bother to show up in class. Jungkook had no idea were they'd come from or how he could have missed them. He was always missing things. Luckily for him, they seemed to not notice him as they headed in the same direction. He could just turn the other way. Or, if the corn was higher, he could vanish into it, go missing himself.

But then, there was no point in running, no point in hiding, and he had nothing left to be scared of. He dragged his heels, pebbles rocketed across pavement.

One of the boys turned around. "Hey, look. It's Yellow Jacket. Trying to sneak up on us again?"

"Whatcha doing, Bunny boy?"

"Eating Carrots with your big teeth?"

Mean as bulldogs, dumb as dirt. He sighed, the sharp exhale like the hiss of the plants all around them.

"Who are you laughing at?"

And easy, too. "I'm sorry. I'm not laughing."

"Yes, you are. Moonface."

"Okay, I am laughing."

"Not at us," said one.

"Not if you're smart," said another.

"Haven't you heard?" Said Jungkook. "I'm not so smart."

Easy and easily confused, eyebrows scrunching like inchworms. The five boys didn't know what he was going on about. Nether did himself.

"Never mind," said Junkook. "Just talking to myself is all."

"Yeah, Just keep talking to yourself, because we have places to be."

"Later, bunny boy."

Later, thought Jungkook.

And then, nothing will be different later.

He hadn't been laughing, but the crows? They were laughing. The corn kept on whispering. The sun a yellow eye scorched in a blanket of blue. He looked at it for too long, and ate holes in his head. Just that morning, he'd gone into Jimin's apartment and found all his stuff gone, the air fog of Pine-sol. Sometime that night, who knew when, Jungkook's brother had clean things out, scrubbed things down, as if Jimin could be washed from memory just by washing the floors.

More pebbles shot across the road, more words shot out of his mouth.

"Now that you reminded me about it, I was chatting to the crows earlier. They were wondering why you guys looked like dirty stray of cats and dogs."

The boys had surrounded him before he had the chance to think of a way out. Not that he wanted one. They circled around him, old names and new one dropping like bouncy balls.

"Spaceman! We're talking to you!"

Jungkook replied, "what?"

"What do you have in that bag of yours?" One of them ripped the backpack off him, searched it. The bag went flying into the field of corn.

He could still turn around.

"Hey! Crack head! Are you listening?"

He could of dived into the corn—backtrack, sidetrack.

"Why do you even have so many books when you can't read?"

Jungkook said, "Funny coming from guys who can't tell the difference between their cows and their girlfriends."

The first blow knocked the air from his lungs. He bent at the waist, trying to get his breaths back. He didn't have the chance to see which one had hit him— Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, or Huening Kai. None were more than about eighteen months apart in age, all had brunette or raven hair and pale skin and dark eyes, and who could tell one from the other?

Jungkook took a couple of rabbit punches to the kidneys before one of them grabbed a handful of his hair and yanked him upright. Jungkook blinked his eyelids, his eyes zeroing in on that famous jawline.

They weren't even trying.

He said, "Listen, Soobin, if you thought—"

"Are you joking?"

"No, I'm-"

"He's Soobin," the boy said, pointing to another. "I'm Yeonjun. And you're roadkill."

All five boys suddenly forgot the places they had to be, because they took their time and gave it their all, knuckles almost sharper than their jawlines. And even though Jungkook was tall, his arms and legs ropey with farm muscle, the boy's were taller and stronger, and there were about four and a half too many of them.

Once they were done, they gathered around and peered down at Jungkook, sprawled on the cracked asphalt. "You know," one of them said, "anytime Yoongi wants some real brothers, we could make room for him."

If Jungkook's teeth didn't feel so loose, he might have laughed again. Everyone loved Yoongi, even TXT.

If someone ever needed help, Yoongi was the guy who'd show up, sirens blaring, arms pumping, black bag swinging in his big hands, sharp eyes taking it all  in. Though Yoongi had questions to ask, he never asked too many, and never the wrong ones.

But of course it was more then that. The people of Gap of Seoul loved Yoongi because of Jimin.

Because Yoongi loved Jimin.

Above Jungkook, someone muttered about being hungry. Someone else said, "shut it." Someone's phone tinged. Someone nudged Jungkook with his foot as if Jungkook were a possum. Pretending to be dead.

He wanted to shout so that everyone could hear. I loved him, too. And it was true. But it had done none of them any good.

Jungkook spat the blood from his mouth. "I'll tell Yoongi you guys said hello."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is half of the chapter...still have to write more-
But if you made it this far...I hope you enjoyed or whatever! UwU

I hope you enjoyed or whatever! UwU