Chapter 4 - Wonder Duo

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey, ssh, calm down before someone hears us" he whispered, rubbing Bakugou's back.
"This Midoriya obviously hasn't said anything yet. That moment hasn't happened in his eyes"
"I should've never accepted his stupid terms... I should've never let myself be convinced by his words! W-we would still be friends if he just gave me a chance to protect him!"

"He didn't want your protection" Kirishima said with a stern voice.
"He doesn't need it anymore either Katsuki... Midoriya can take care of himself now. Well, mostly... As long as he doesn't break all his bones again... But that's not the point! The point is that whatever reason he had to break up your friendship isn't valid anymore. He has a quirk, Bakugou"

"It's not as easy as you make it sound Kiri... We'll never be as close as we once were... I can't rebuild that friendship and I don't want to either"
"Oh yeah, that's right" Kirishima smirked.
"You want more, don't you~?"

This made Katsuki stiffen and Kirishima laugh. The red head was the only person alive who knew about his secret feelings for Deku. He didn't even admit it to himself at times. It was hard, facing those feelings when everything you once had was scattered to the ground.

"I should just forget about it... Deku will never like me anyway"
"Who says that? Dude! He put aside everything so you could be on top! So you could get what you always wanted! He cares a lot about you!"
"That doesn't fucking matter anymore okay?!" Kacchan shouted.
"He probably doesn't even remember! H-he probably thinks I left him to be bullied and tortured..."

"Oh, such an emotional confession~"

The two boys looked up to see a man lurking in the shadows. Before any of them could move, Bakugou was hit with some kind of blast. He groaned in pain, squirming and twisting as he rolled over the ground. He heard Kirishima call out for help and the glass doors of the dormitory shattered. He felt how his mind got foggy and his eyes widened as he realised what was happening. 'No, no, no!' he screamed in his head. But it was no use... The effects were inevitable...
...
..
.
.

.

.

Confused and disoriented, Kacchan got up. He had no idea of where he was or what he was supposed to do. It was dark out and he shivered in the cool night air. Slowly, he rose to his feet and walked over to the building in front of him. The glass door laid shattered to pieces on the ground, so he carefully walked around that.

Inside, he saw a ruined house and a lot of people helping each other out and trying to clean up the mess. Some were bandaged and had cuts. Others were totally okay.

"Kacchan!"

He instantly turned around to face the familiar voice and a smile made its way to his face. Deku came running at him, immediately engulfing him in a hug.
"I'm so glad you are okay! That villain was really scary!"
"Villain?" Katsuki asked confused.
"I-I don't remember..."
"That's normal, don't worry" a red head stated, smiling at the two boys as he kneeled down.

"There is a lot you don't remember, Katsuki. But don't worry, we'll fill you in on everything in the morning. Right now the both of you need to get some rest okay?"
Deku nodded and pulled Kacchan with him. The blond stumbled behind, getting various glances and stares from the teens around them.

"Oi! Deku! Where are we going?" he asked as Midoriya guided him to the stairs.
"To our temporary room silly!" Deku said with a wide smile. This made Kacchan smile as well, a feeling of ease and comfort settling in his stomach. He trusted Deku, after all he was his bestest of friends! There was nothing that could ever pull them apart! Right? Right!

Deku brought him to the second floor and opened one of the doors, leading into a bedroom.
"The rooms where we normally sleep are broken so we share with another class!" he exclaimed happily.
"Because you see we are actually big boys turned small again!"
"What?" Kacchan asked confused. Sometimes he really didn't understand that boy...
"Yeah! I bet they'll explain it in the morning! You won't believe me if I told you" he grinned, falling down on the matrass.