𝐗𝐈. SECRET SPOT

CHAPTER ELEVENSECRET SPOT

CHAPTER ELEVEN
SECRET SPOT

§ § §

I watched as Dumbledore pulled revealed a large golden cup. "Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet, " He was saying. "To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation, I will be drawing an Age Line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed in the entrance hall. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross this line."

An instant uproar sounded out. Students jumped out of their seats, including me, yelling in annoyance. Dumbledore's eyes wander to me. What the heck? I mouth. He gives me a stern look that says, Especially not you, Potter. 

I rolled my eyes and sat down. I can't do anything because of my stupid last name. I'm very capable of defending myself. I understand that there's a lot of people out to get me, but what could go wrong at Hogwarts?

Right?

Dumbledore continued to draw on about an age spell that would create a ring around the goblets to ensure only seventeen year olds could put their name in. I wasn't listening to half of it due to my disappointment of not being able to compete.

"-Now, I think it is time for bed. Goodnight to you all." He finished, and murmurs arose once more.

I turned to talk to my friends, but got elbowed sharply in the rib. I hissed in pain. "Ow, Pansy, bloody hell!"

"8 o'clock." She muttered. I looked to my 8 o'clock and saw Viktor Krum making his way over to me.

"Now?" I groaned. "I don't feel like doing this. I want to ask him all about quidditch but I'm tired." I sat for a moment before an idea hit me. When he got over to me, before he could say anything, I stood and spoke. "Hey, sorry to bother you but you see that redhead over there?" I pointed to Ron who was visibly drooling over Krum. "Mind go saying hello? Signing something?" I pushed Krum lightly. "Thank you! Have a good night!"

I quickly turned back to the Slytherins. "Alright, let's go before he comes back." They all nod and follow me out of the Great Hall.

Pansy, Blaise, Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Eli are all walking ahead of Draco and I, goofing off and laughing. I smile a little as I watch them.

"Uh, Giovanna?" Draco asked nervously.

"What?" I glanced at him.

"Can I, um, show you something?" He bit his bottom lip, shifting back and forth on his feet. I looked wearily at him and slowly nodded. He let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, come on." He grabbed my hand and led me in the opposite direction of the dorms.

In fact, in the opposite direction of the castle. We were heading outside. "Won't we get caught?" I mumbled.

He smirked, no longer nervous and back to his snarky self. "Not if we're careful." I rolled my eyes but let him lead me anyways, still holding his hand.