Prologue

The British royal family were busy celebrating the birth of Prince William and Duchess Kate's first child, a daughter. The couple were pleased with the birth but things took a darker turn. The girl was born early and prematurely, the doctors weren't sure that she wasn't going to make it. In Buckingham Palace, William and Kate laid in bed as they waited for the governess to bring their baby girl who was probably hungry by now. A few minutes went by and no governess or baby. By this time, the prince and duchess were staring to get worried and began to make their way towards the palace nursery. William knocked on the door but there was no answer and he burst into the nursery, with his wife behind him. Kate began to frantically look around and said to William, noticing that the crib that was supposed to hold her baby girl was empty, "William, look!" William turned to where his wife was looking at and felt outraged.  He stormed out of the nursery and made his way to his grandmother's bedchambers.

In the Queen's bedchambers, Queen Elizabeth slept soundly in the bed with her husband, Duke Philip, beside her. She woke up with a jolt when the doors opened with a burst and Philip shouted, "What is going on?! Who dares toburst in here?!" Elizabeth's vision cleared and she said, concerned when she saw her grandson with a distraught and outraged expression, "William? What's going on, darling?" William walked over and replied, "It's Isabelle, she's missing." Elizabeth got out of the bed and said, while Philip rushed to get a searching party, "What do you mean she's missing?" William replied, as they rushed back to the nursery, "She's gone, Granny. It's as if she disappeared without a trace. The governess was supposed to bring Isabelle to us so Kate can nurse her but never came. We waited for a few minutes then went to go to the nursery and she was gone." Everyone searched the entire palace for the missing newborn princess. A distraught Kate stayed in the nursery until her husband told her to go back to their bedchamber suite. When everyone finished searching the entire palace and still no princess, they went to the throne room and reported to the queen. Elizabeth sighed and said to her advisors and the court, "I suppose that we better file a missing persons report and alert the Scotland Yard. Make sure no one leaves the palace while they are conducting the investigation." It would be years until they would finally find the missing princess.