"I'm just saying you shouldn't be so proud to call yourself champion when you haven't really had good competition," Purple stated matter-of-factly.

"And what do you consider 'good competition'?" Red questioned, frowning at his roommate. He never liked it when Purple tried to bring down his ego.

Purple shrugged again, not expecting Red to take him so seriously. "I dunno...just someone not so easily swayed,"

"You'd have to find someone crazy for that," an Irken scoffed.

"Yeah, like that shorty Zim!"

Red's eyes widened. Zim? Why that name? Why! Just the thought of the smaller Invader made his cardiac spooch thump widely. His darkest secret...

Before he could manage to say anything, much of the group went off in search for the little Irken. Red remained frozen in place for some time. His expression remained stoic on the outside, looking as though he could care less. But Purple noticed something. Something almost behind Red's eyes.

Waiting until Red stood and headed to the room they shared, Purple followed him. "Red, are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" Red questioned, striding onward.

"You just seem shaken is all. Ever sense Zim's name came up-"

"Like I care about such a pathetic defect," Red interupted, willing his blush down.

Purple hummed a bit. "If you say so...but you may still want to think of something to distract yourself then,"

"What are you talking about?" Red turned to question his partner, embarrassed but unwilling to admit anything.

"Distract yourself," Purple repeated. "You know...when they finally find Zim and make you play that game with him. So you can keep your precious title,"

"Why would I need to distract myself?"

Purple played himself off as casual. "I just thought it was good advice," he replied. "So Zim wouldn't find out that you like him,"

Red turned blue, horrified at that statement. "Pur! Don't say such things!"

Purple rolled his eyes again. "I'll leave you alone for now...to get your head straight. Just think about it," Without waiting for a reply, Purple headed off in the other direction, leaving Red alone at the door to their room.

Disbelieving of what just happened, Red growled and stalked into the room, barely hearing the sound of the door whoosing open and closed. Finally alone, he bagan pacing back and forth, his mind realing and his PAK working over time to calm him down.

He didn't want to admit it, but Purple was right. He needed to think of something to do...as Pur had said: something to distract himself.

He knew that the other Irkens were going to find Zim and make him play that stupid game. And how could Red refuse? He had an image to uphold! Either way he was in danger of slipping up...If he refused, everyone would want to know why...And knowing Zim, he would be irrate that Red didn't see him as worthy competition or something like that and demand Red accept the challenge. And if he accepted...