Ingrid sat awkwardly, the blonde woman examining her every detail. Ingrid felt a small tug on a strand of her hair. She looked to see Bellatrix, twirling it around her finger.

"Who...May you be?"
She whispered, examining Ingrid as the other woman was.

"Ingrid...Felicity, Madame."
She responded, attempting to not seem uncomfortable.

"Why....you are the Muggle Studies Professor aren't you?"
The blonde asked, Ingrid's eyes widened.

Oh no. Oh no.
Severus where on earth are yo-

"No. Not anymore. Ingrid is starting a new position this year, she finds Muggle Studies a waste of a subject."
Severus answered, handing off a drink to the blonde woman.

Bellatrix scoffed and let go of her hair, circling off to the large bookshelves against the wall.

"And is this your new...mistress...Severus?"
The blonde woman asked, a wicked smile crossing her grieving face.

Severus looked to Ingrid for a brief moment, before his eyes returned to the woman.

"No, she is a friend. And ally of ours I assure you, she should be...going now."
He said, gesturing for Ingrid to leave the room.

"Right, I'll go get my...coat."
Ingrid said, awkwardly standing and walking off into the kitchen.

"Does the dark lord know about her....?"

"What is there to know? She is a friend. No more. No less."
Severus responded, Ingrid heard Bellatrix scoff.

"I was unaware you had friends Severus."
She scoffed, Ingrid heard footsteps towards the mantle.

"Instead of questioning my mutual preference why don't you tell me why you are actually here in the first place."
He asked, Ingrid stood against the wall. Attempting to listen to the conversation.

"Well, I know I'm not to be here. The dark lord himself forbade me to speak of this-"
The blonde woman began, Ingrid listening closely.

"If the dark lord has forbidden it you are not to speak-put it down Bella we mustn't touch what isn't ours."
He responded, Ingrid heard Bellatrix place down whatever she was holding and walk across the room.

Ingrid pressed firmly against the wall, hoping to not be detected.

"As it so happens, I'm aware of your situation Narcissa."
He said.

"You-the dark lord told you-?"
Bellatrix asked, Ingrid sensing the insanity in her voice.

"Your sister doubts me. Understandable over the years I've played my part well-so well that I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time-"

Wait what?
He couldn't be talking about Dumbledore-never mind of course he could...he's a double agent.

Ingrid felt skeptical, but she trusted Severus and his judgement. She was not to speak against his position with the dark-lord, especially when Dumbledore verified it himself.

Bellatrix snored, Ingrid hearing her walk closer to the kitchen doorway. Ingrid pushed herself off to the side, hoping that Bellatrix wouldn't round the corner and become suspicious.

"Dumbledore is a great wizard...only a fool would question it."
He observed, retaliating to Bellatrix's disrespect.

"I don't doubt you Severus."
Narcissa told him, Bellatrix walking out into the hallway.

"You should be honored sissy, as for Draco-"
Bellatrix retaliated, Ingrid placed a hand over her mouth.

Draco...Malfoy?
He's related to them?

"He's just a boy.."
Narcissa spoke, after a long silence.

"I can't change the dark lords mind. However it might be possible for me to help Draco..."
Severus responded, Ingrid lowered her eyebrows.

"Severus..."
Narcissa whispered, standing up.

"Swear to it."
Bellatrix interrupted, Ingrid peeked her head from behind the green doorframe.

"Make the unbreakable vow..."
Bellatrix insisted, Ingrid gasped.

Wait-no!
Please tell me he's smarter than this...please.
Whatever this is....it doesn't require a unbreakable vow?!? Does it?

"It's just empty words...he'll give it his best effort when it matters most. He will just slither back into his hole..."
Bellatrix insisted, placing her chin on his shoulder seductively.

"Coward."
She whispered, Ingrid's eyes widened as she peeled her glance off of them.

If there was one thing Severus hated, it must be being called a coward. Especially after all he's done for everyone..

"Take out your wand...."
He instructed, Ingrid held back the urge to scream.

No Severus...no!
Darling there is another way-some other way...
She thought to herself, hoping that somehow he could hear her.

Ingrid peered in as Narcissa and Severus hooked arms, getting in the required position.

Bellatrix lifted her wand and casted the spell, making a seemingly golden string join their arms together.

"Will you....Severus Snape....watch over Draco Malfoy as he attempts to fulfill the dark lords wishes.."

"I will."
Severus said, after much hesitation.

Ingrid held her hand over her mouth. Attempting not to scream out and stop the exchange from happening.

"And will you...to the best of your ability, protect him from harm?"
Bellatrix asked again, a wicked smile crossing her face.

"I will."
Severus responded.

"And if Draco should fail...will you yourself, carry out the deed the dark lord has ordered Draco to complete."

Deed...what deed?!?

"I will."
He said, before the string disappeared between the two.

Ingrid stood in the kitchen, dumbfounded of what she had just heard. So dumbfounded...that she didn't even hear them leave.

She snapped herself out of it, deciding that she should go see what that whole ordeal was about.

She stepped out into the living room, to see Severus staring blankly at the closed door.

"Severus...."
She said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He turned sharply around and wrapped her in an embrace, she stood in shock for a few moments before returning the favor. Feeling the shame radiate from his figure.

"Tell me what's going on.."
She said, placing a gentle hand on the side of his face.

He shook his head, placing his hand over hers.

"I wish I could. But there are some things...that you cannot know yet. Not yet."
He mumbled, she nodded her head.

That night was a sleepless one.